Keepleyland2

9/10 @6:10 Houston Astros vs Detroit Tigers

Good to read:

Gardenhire said he expects Stewart to play left field regularly for the rest of the season. Mikie Mahtook, JaCoby Jones and Victor Reyes will be rotating in center field and occasionally subbing for designated hitter Victor Martinez.

• Like 1

Ok I should be able to do though wednesday, after that who knows when/if I lose power and how long it will take to come back. 

They are numbered things like 04 Ramon. The 04 is the year of the yearbook and the name is either the player or what the pic shows. If you don't want to ruin any surprises, don't click in the albums. 

Again, if you don't see a game thread by 10 a.m. of gameday just go ahead and create one. 

Here is the photos for Sept. 13-20. There was no great rhyme or reason for any of these. So they can really go in whatever order. 

https://ibb.co/album/cV0u6F

Here are the photos for the final homestand, 66 for the final home game please

https://ibb.co/album/kbvSRF

And here are the last week, The one named "photovisi" for the end please.

https://ibb.co/album/eibO0a

• Like 2

Looks like the most recent projection is tropical force winds by 8 PM Wednesday along the coast. 

Projections, as of today, aren’t encouraging. The last Category 3 hurricane to make landfall in NC was Fran in 1996. It did a lot of damage. Have seen one projection that Florence will strengthen to Category 4 by Thursday. If it lands at Cat 4 it will be ugly. 

Verlander is freaking out right now.  He wanted to go the rest of his career without having to face Jim Adduci and I will guarantee you this, he won't be bringing his wife to the park.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RatkoVarda said:

Good to read:

Gardenhire said he expects Stewart to play left field regularly for the rest of the season. Mikie Mahtook, JaCoby Jones and Victor Reyes will be rotating in center field and occasionally subbing for designated hitter Victor Martinez.

Yes I liked seeing that too.  Here's something that Stewart hasn't done before in his pro career, he hasn't played the month of September.  For the past two years in the minors he has started out red-hot like a 40-homer guy, and then cooled out by mid-June to finish as a 28-homer guy.  So let's see what he's got in September.  If he struggles, leave him in there.  Let's see if he has the lefthanded power bat that will let us forgive some defensive sins in left field.  Let's see if he can catch up to a major league fastball.  He's old enough now, it's time.

45 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Looks like the most recent projection is tropical force winds by 8 PM Wednesday along the coast. 

Projections, as of today, aren’t encouraging. The last Category 3 hurricane to make landfall in NC was Fran in 1996. It did a lot of damage. Have seen one projection that Florence will strengthen to Category 4 by Thursday. If it lands at Cat 4 it will be ugly. 

More projections than not are for it to be a Cat 4. Though, there has been a few downgrades today. Pretty much everybody on Friday/Saturday saying it was Cat 4 or higher. Now the common thread is right on that 3/4 border. 

Either way. We gonna get wet.

28 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Verlander is freaking out right now.  He wanted to go the rest of his career without having to face Jim Adduci and I will guarantee you this, he won't be bringing his wife to the park.

He won't blame Adduci or his wife if it happens though.  He understands that Adduci has this incredible chemistry with women and once it gets going it can not be stopped.  Prevention is the only cure which is why, as you said, he won't allow her to be anywhere near the Deuce.       

7 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Astros vs Tigers (59-84) Game 144

Comerica Park

12_jv.jpg

From the 2012 World Series Program

Out of those 6 pitchers one of them is deceased, one retired, one out of the league for years because of ineffectiveness, one that was just moved out of the rotation because of ineffectiveness and then Kershaw and Verlander both still looking dominant.   

2 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

He won't blame Adduci or his wife if it happens though.  He understands that Adduci has this incredible chemistry with women and once it gets going it can not be stopped.  Prevention is the only cure which is why, as you said, he won't allow her to be anywhere near the Deuce.       

I'm not sure that even if she stays home, miles away from the park, they won't suddenly be expecting twins.

Here's something that not everybody knows but when Jim was in the 11th grade, when he was 18, his Latin teacher who was 61 at the time suddenly needed to take a few months off, and later on it was rumoured that her leave of absence was necessary in order for her to bear a child.  Was Jim ever with her in that intimate sense?  Of course not, don't be silly, he was too busy knocking up every girl in the entire school and there were 1,200 of them.  But it seemed as though, in the case of his Latin teacher, even the close proximity to Jim at that age was enough for that,  for her, the outcome was to bear his progeny. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Justin Verlander vs Francisco Liriano
Happy Ver-Day!

When Liriano had that great start to his career, I was sure that the Twins had another perennial Cy Young threat to pair with Johan and I was so angry. 

3 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Ok I should be able to do though wednesday, after that who knows when/if I lose power and how long it will take to come back. 

They are numbered things like 04 Ramon. The 04 is the year of the yearbook and the name is either the player or what the pic shows. If you don't want to ruin any surprises, don't click in the albums. 

Again, if you don't see a game thread by 10 a.m. of gameday just go ahead and create one. 

Here is the photos for Sept. 13-20. There was no great rhyme or reason for any of these. So they can really go in whatever order. 

https://ibb.co/album/cV0u6F

Here are the photos for the final homestand, 66 for the final home game please

https://ibb.co/album/kbvSRF

And here are the last week, The one named "photovisi" for the end please.

https://ibb.co/album/eibO0a

MVP! MVP! MVP!

10 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Back when I lived in FL I found that standing on my deck and yelling at the storm helped.

I'm sure it was posted elsewhere but I missed it....

Gardenhire said he expects two or three more pitchers to be added to the roster this week.

He wouldn’t name names, but left-hander Matt Hall and right-hander Spencer Turnbull are possibilities. Both are starting pitchers.

Big-league call comes at last for Tigers' Christin Stewart

I want you to get this **** where he breathes! I want you to find this nancy-boy Justin Verlander, I want him DEAD! I want his family DEAD! I want his house burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna **** ON HIS ASHES!

JV was here last night... must have been without Kate as I didn't get any phone calls from her.  She didnt miss me.

Stayed up until 3:30.

• Like 1

Seems kinda harsh, eh?  I want him to sign back on with Detroit once his current contract is over and win multiple Word Series as a Tiger.

16 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Astros vs Tigers (59-84) Game 144

Comerica Park

12_jv.jpg

From the 2012 World Series Program

The other 79% of those polled in that survey played for the SF Giants