Keepleyland2

9/8 @6:10 St. Louis Cardinals vs Detroit Tigers

Jack Flaherty trying to figure out how he is going to navigate through this vaunted Tigers offense.

Cwgg.gif

OK, this season has stunk.  There's nothing to play for.  Except for the simple joys of the game and the possibility of a fun game like last night.

Watching the UM/Western game and there is a guy on Western named Dylan Deatherage.  Up until a few months ago I've never heard of that awesome last name before and now I know of two people with it.  I'm guessing they have to be related.  

From MLive:

Greg Gania, the longtime radio announcer for the Double-A Erie Seawolves, will handle broadcast duties for the Detroit Tigers radio network on Saturday.

He's filling in for regular play-by-play man Dan Dickerson, who will shift to television duties on Saturday. 

Erie announcer called up to Detroit as part of broadcast shuffle on Saturday

What the Tiger bats do to Flaherty will only be a minor sideshow to TheTrueAce™'s no hitter.

On a serious note, I am right in the path of Florence. Yeah me! and I don't really get to evacuate, yeah work!

So you know what that means for game threads the rest of the year. Will I have internet, who know? I already let bert know. I will probably go create a folder on some image hosting site for the pics (i'll name them with the days I planned to use them, the year its from, etc) and share in one of the game threads. If you don't see the game thread by 10 a.m. on the gameday someone just go ahead and create one. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

On a serious note, I am right in the path of Florence. Yeah me! and I don't really get to evacuate, yeah work!

So you know what that means for game threads the rest of the year. Will I have internet, who know? I already let bert know. I will probably go create a folder on some image hosting site for the pics (i'll name them with the days I planned to use them, the year its from, etc) and share in one of the game threads. If you don't see the game thread by 10 a.m. on the gameday someone just go ahead and create one. 

We'll miss you man, at least you had a good run.

43 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Stay safe!  

Has anyone else noticed that Biggs hasn't posted while Henning is busy speaking?

Henning says that if Tigers Stadium had Comerica Park's dimensions the Tigers wouldn't have won the World Series. 

1 hour ago, Keepleyland2 said:

If you don’t mind me asking, where are you located? We are on Oak Island, N.C. The projected path is a definite concern for us. 

27 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Has anyone else noticed that Biggs hasn't posted while Henning is busy speaking?

Drats!  Foiled again!

And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids.

Not a bad job on the Anthem by Jose - probably the biggest crowd he's performed in front of in quite some time.

I knew Dan wouldn't be on the radio today due to pregame MCing, but I wasn't aware he was going to be on TV. nice!

now if only my Roku could keep the video quality up...

28 minutes ago, 1776 said:

If you don’t mind me asking, where are you located? We are on Oak Island, N.C. The projected path is a definite concern for us. 

Myrtle 

1 minute ago, LooseGoose said:

TheOneTrueAce™ strikes out the side in the 1st inning.  

Ain’t that something!

3 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Myrtle 

In my professional opinion, you'll at worst be on the left side of the track.  On the other hand, it does look like the storm could stall out once it reaches the coast, so you could be in for a LOT of rain.