Lei Pong

Fist City: population...Rod and Mario

22 minutes ago, Tigrrfan said:

I suspect Mario and Rod are already discussing potential lawsuits with their respective lawyers.

Not sure they have a case, if their contracts are up.  The team isn’t required to re-sign anyone.

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Don't know the facts but it's easy to come up with a scenario. Let's say Mario shares the blame for the incident and they brought only him back, they could leave themselves open to an easy lawsuit. I guess they have some defense since their contracts were up anyway, but would you take the risk when they weren't that good anyway?

Hmmmmm....

Maybe they already knew they weren't being brought back and that just added fuel to the fire?

24 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Hmmmmm....

Maybe they already knew they weren't being brought back and that just added fuel to the fire?

That very well could be. Mario, who is well aware of how woefully unprepared for a professional broadcast Rod Allen is, probably blamed him for the contract renewal stall (which I would point to Rod's lack of prep as the main reason they do not get along) . As a result he became passive-aggressive and/or petty which caused Rod to react poorly.

3 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Not sure they have a case, if their contracts are up.  The team isn’t required to re-sign anyone.

True!

However, ..lawyers can be awfully creative.  

1 hour ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

The guy who got Chris Bosio fired might be offended.

Stumpf?

5 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

That very well could be. Mario, who is well aware of how woefully unprepared for a professional broadcast Rod Allen is, probably blamed him for the contract renewal stall (which I would point to Rod's lack of prep as the main reason they do not get along) . As a result he became passive-aggressive and/or petty which caused Rod to react poorly.

maybe. In any case I don't Mario will have any trouble finding another gig - though maybe not as good...

• Like 1

I liked Mario, Rod wore on you after a while.   Shep is ok in small doses but PLEASE No.   Monroe is another NO.  All of Gibby we can get would be great.   Have Grandy retire and put him in the booth with a good Minor League play by play guy or Dickerson.

17 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

I liked Mario, Rod wore on you after a while.   Shep is ok in small doses but PLEASE No.   Monroe is another NO.  All of Gibby we can get would be great.   Have Grandy retire and put him in the booth with a good Minor League play by play guy or Dickerson.

the more they gave us options other than Rod, the harder it became to listen to the games he did. I don't know if it was just him suffering by comparison or if he was just getting worse - either because he was responding badly to pressure or because he was just getting lazier about his craft.

I’m concerned with our PBP next year.  Please no Shep.  Bring Dickerson to TV and go find a new voice for radio that will get Into a fight with Jimbo.

I personally liked Rod. I found Mario as boring as watching paint dry. Regardless, they both should be out and I'm glad that they are. 

• Like 1

The trend is toward higher energy  voice PBP  guys. I don't necessarily mean over the top or anything, but I think a guy like Brian Anderson who is doing the Boston-Yankees series, is doing everything right, I just don't find his voice and delivery enjoyable to listen to.  That's no problem for a short series, but it would be to me for 162 games. I like guys more like John Miller. He's a little eccentric, but it's a great smooth voice and I can listen to him all night. I'm guessing this kind of thing is not an issue for many fans or anyone at the Tigers - so all I can do is hope.....

37 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

The trend is toward higher energy  voice PBP  guys. I don't necessarily mean over the top or anything, but I think a guy like Brian Anderson who is doing the Boston-Yankees series, is doing everything right, I just don't find his voice and delivery enjoyable to listen to.  That's no problem for a short series, but it would be to me for 162 games. I like guys more like John Miller. He's a little eccentric, but it's a great smooth voice and I can listen to him all night. I'm guessing this kind of thing is not an issue for many fans or anyone at the Tigers - so all I can do is hope.....

John Miller is great especially on the radio.  When he is on TV, he sometimes overdoes the the humor.   He is more professional but still funny on the radio.  He has one of the best broadcasting voices.    

The lesson here is to never underestimate the power of the Deuce.

There were prickly words from Impemba about an early afternoon interview between Allen and Tigers outfielder Jim Adduci that Impemba believed Allen had postponed out of convenience. Allen was furious, not only because he believed Impemba’s charge was baseless, but because he viewed the interview was none of Impemba’s concern.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2018/10/09/mario-impemba-and-rod-allen-wont-back-tigers-tv-booth/1583978002/

If there is an afterlife and I get to ask a few questions it's going to be

1 -  Who really shot Kennedy?

2 - If Scherzer had stayed in that game, do we win the World Series?

3 -  What REALLY happened betweed Rod & Mario.   And if I meet God I am gonna say "I see you, big fella."