Lei Pong

Fist City: population...Rod and Mario

23 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I really hope not.

But Lynn Henning's article made it sound like they're going all out to get someone good... not just replacements level stuff.

C-Mo has a negative WAR (Wisdom Above Rod).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, holygoat said:

It's gonna be Shep and C-Mo, isn't it?

In the nightmare scenario.

I would take Biggs & Shelton over them.

Liston & Lee would be a definite improvement over them.

14 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

Try as I may, I can't get WJR in my back yard on my transistor radio anymore, so I'm ambivalent about the broadcasters.

In NW Ohio, I can get WJR. But I can not get the Tiger games on any radio station in my area.  It's too bad. WJR is the reason I became a Tiger fan way back when.     

I don't know what channel anything is on anymore.... other than the Tigers and Wings.

7 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I don't know what channel anything is on anymore.... other than the Tigers and Wings.

Same here.  Any time I want to watch a playoff game, I have no idea what channel it's on.  

37 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

In the nightmare scenario.

I would take Biggs & Shelton over them.

Liston & Lee would be a definite improvement over them.

We would all suck, except Liston and he already said he's not doing 162 games.    

5 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

We would all suck, except Liston and he already said he's not doing 162 games.    

I'd imagine Lee's home run call would sound a lot like the Jew Bear's in Inglorious Basterds.

Probably NSFW:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, roarintiger1 said:

In NW Ohio, I can get WJR. But I can not get the Tiger games on any radio station in my area.  It's too bad. WJR is the reason I became a Tiger fan way back when.     

What part of Northwest Ohio?  96.1 out of Archbold/Wauseon reaches about 40 miles north into Michigan pretty well - It often comes in better near my house just south of Tecumseh than 97.1 does.

17 hours ago, roarintiger1 said:

16 hours ago, 4hzglory said:

What part of Northwest Ohio?  96.1 out of Archbold/Wauseon reaches about 40 miles north into Michigan pretty well - It often comes in better near my house just south of Tecumseh than 97.1 does.

QFT. In the Toledo/Maumee area, 96.1 is my best bet, but it's not reliable. 97.1 is worse. It drives me crazy, especially knowing how well WJR comes in. It's a shame they don't carry the games anymore. If I can't find the game on XM, I usually have to resort to using the MLB app in the car.

48 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Just south of Tecumseh?  I am from Adrian and will be there tomorrow.

We are about 15 minutes from Adrian - near Kapnick Orchard if you know where that is.  Our son goes to school in Adrian which is the reason we moved up from Ohio.  

Of course I know where it is.

My sister lives at Bent Oak and Valley, which is where I will be tomorrow.

I grew up at Scott and Michigan a block away from Adrian College and my father taught for a bit at Siena Heights.

So she had the pleasure of dealing with the stench last year from the biosolids 🙂

My son drives by your sister's every day on the way to school then.  He goes to Lenawee Christian.  

Small world!

On 11/20/2018 at 4:00 PM, 4hzglory said:

Down towards Findlay.  I can't pull in 96.1.  I haven't found any stations further south than 96.1.

On 11/21/2018 at 8:09 AM, Tigertown Rats said:

QFT. In the Toledo/Maumee area, 96.1 is my best bet, but it's not reliable. 97.1 is worse. It drives me crazy, especially knowing how well WJR comes in. It's a shame they don't carry the games anymore. If I can't find the game on XM, I usually have to resort to using the MLB app in the car.

Yeah, my experience is it can be pulled in around as far east as SW Toledo and that's about it.  The tower is somewheres between Wauseon & Archbold.

On 11/20/2018 at 4:00 PM, 4hzglory said:

I love 96.1...that station can't be spending money on programming consultants because they play such a wonderful hodge podge of music.  Only station I've ever heard play "Walking on the Moon" by the Police.

11 hours ago, Lei Pong said:

I love 96.1...that station can't be spending money on programming consultants because they play such a wonderful hodge podge of music.  Only station I've ever heard play "Walking on the Moon" by the Police.

I think it is a privately owned station.  The hodgepodge of music is a good way to put it.

They used to do a charity thing once a year where they would play any song requested for a charitable donation.  I’m not sure how that worked since it seemed like the music that they normally played was a combination of a mid 40s generation and his/her younger teenaged kids.

Apropos of nothing, here's a nice find: a 1982 ALCS game between the Brewers and the Angels. Ernie Harwell on the call, and he is in fine voice:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

Apropos of nothing, here's a nice find: a 1982 ALCS game between the Brewers and the Angels. Ernie Harwell on the call, and he is in fine voice:

Listening to Ernie makes you feel like you are in one of those old Twilight Zone episodes, where you find yourself in the time and place of your youth, in this case, in the land of transistor radios. "Swung on and missed . . . he struck him out."