Keepleyland2

9/1 @4:05 Detroit Tigers vs New York Yankees

Norris gets through the 4th 1-2-3, though I thought his command was starting to waver a little. He's at 71 pitches. They are crazy if they let him go more than 90.

Ump is pretty horrible. He's definitely why there is no score so far - calling strikes all over the place - except one right down the middle to Stanton he missed completely and called a ball.

5 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Norris gets through the 4th 1-2-3, though I thought his command was starting to waver a little. He's at 71 pitches. They are crazy if they let him go more than 90.

A combined perfect game, I like it.

Another fastball up he didn't on get top of. No reason in the world to push Norris today - and now the trainer is out there.

7 minutes ago, socaltiger said:

Is Norris snake bit or what ..

doesn't sound too bad - cramp in his calf. There was shot of him between innings trying to keep his legs loose. Maybe he needs a bike in the dugout (didn't Nolan Ryan ride a bike between innings late in his career?  - maybe that was after the games..)

Victor should strictly concentrate on elevating the ball with a runner on first and less than 2 outs. He's just an extremely high dp liability otherwise.

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

doesn't sound too bad - cramp in his calf. There was shot of him between innings trying to keep his legs loose. Maybe he needs a bike in the dugout (didn't Nolan Ryan ride a bike between innings late in his career?  - maybe that was after the games..)

They definitely have bikes down the tunnel.

10 hours ago, Tigrrfan said:

No it is not.  It is time to let them do it on their own.  Their 'experience' may eventually benefit the Tigers.

Overall I was happy with Norris' game.

Was expecting less, TBH.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Overall I was happy with Norris' game.

Was expecting less, TBH.

he isn't spinning his FB the way he used to, but that may be largely a function of him not being able to throw it as hard. On the plus side, he has lots of change of speed, a lot of difference in vertical break spanning his pitches and his strike throwing was fine right up until he lost it in the 5th. If he can stay on a regular schedule is pretty huge for him now.

Does anyone else look at the Tigers' trainer and think, nah, he shouldn't be a trainer?

Is he one of those big old man beasts that looks like he struggles to run out to the mound?  Those are the type of trainers that just make you question with a  "whaaaa".

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

Does anyone else look at the Tigers' trainer and think, nah, he shouldn't be a trainer?

Nobody wants to see a trainer on the field in the first place. Then he comes out looking like that. AHHHH. The guy looks like something out of 1970's big time wrestling. Kurt Von Hess, maybe?

image.png

15 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

If they provide him a bike in the dugout, I think it needs to be one of those stationary bikes. Otherwise, it would be a distraction to the other players and coaches. And he might not be able to turn around.

And he might have a hard time riding around the big trainer dude.