six-hopper

They are who Pythagoras thinks they are.

37 minutes ago, Buddha said:

I know, let's talk about our fantasy teams!

Or how much we bench.

Do we have to turn everything into a Biggs thread?  :)

It's not a Biggs thread until he talks about that time he coached track and one of the parents kept bitching about how Biggs put his kid in the half mile when he should be running the more prestigious mile.   

10 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

It's not a Biggs thread until he talks about that time he coached track and one of the parents kept bitching about how Biggs put his kid in the half mile when he should be running the more prestigious mile.   

The 800 really is where you put all the scrubs. 

2 hours ago, Tigrrfan said:

I stand corrected.  Thank you for explaining where I made my mistake.

I remember when I was around 9 I saw that C$1 = US$0.80 and that US$1 = C$1.25. I was about to rush down to the Bluewater Bridge currency exchange post with my paper route money to take advantage of a 5 cent arbitrage opportunity until my dad burst my bubble. He was the Shelton of my childhood.

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

I remember when I was around 9 I saw that C$1 = US$0.80 and that US$1 = C$1.25. I was about to rush down to the Bluewater Bridge currency exchange post with my paper route money to take advantage of a 5 cent arbitrage opportunity until my dad burst my bubble. He was the Shelton of my childhood.

Were you going to run down there?  How far was it?

4 hours ago, Buddha said:

Anything to stop talking about people's running stories.

Oh, you run?  Really?  You like it?  That's great!

No one cares.

I once took a 30-second elevator ride with a guy who was a vegan runner with a degree from Harvard.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, tiger337 said:

You're just jealous.  

true.

10 hours ago, Shelton said:

The 800 really is where you put all the scrubs. 

The best part about this post is my son's best event is the 800, and I don't think I have ever mentioned it anywhere.

6 hours ago, lordstanley said:

I once took a 30-second elevator ride with a guy who was a vegan runner with a degree from Harvard.

very well played.

BTW - Was he from Tx?  :wink:

9 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

The best part about this post is my son's best event is the 800, and I don't think I have ever mentioned it anywhere.

He’s obviously the exception. 

10 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

very well played.

BTW - Was he from Tx?  :wink:

He was from Chicago.  Everyone from Chicago has to tell you they are from Chicago. (That was a bit on The West Wing.  Bartlett was giving Leo, who was from Chicago, a hard time, because they ran into someone else who was from Chicago, and had to point it out)

2 minutes ago, Oblong said:

He was from Chicago.  Everyone from Chicago has to tell you they are from Chicago. (That was a bit on The West Wing.  Bartlett was giving Leo, who was from Chicago, a hard time, because they ran into someone else who was from Chicago, and had to point it out)

yeah - this is pretty much a universal joke - plug in the place, but back in the day around the campus at UMich Tx was generally the most common butt of it. TBF anyone from Tx was probably pegged the minute they spoke, so had little choice but to go ahead and put it out there immediately. 

6 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

yeah - this is pretty much a universal joke - plug in the place, but back in the day around the campus at UMich Tx was generally the most common butt of it. TBF anyone from Tx was probably pegged the minute they spoke, so had little choice but to go ahead and put it out there immediately. 

When I would watch Dallas I wondered why nobody but JR had a Texan accent.... maybe Jock a little bit.

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

It was mine too, but I was a scrub.