Jump to content

Motor City Sonics

The Dress Rehearsal: Lions v. Bucs

Recommended Posts

This is it folks.     Time to show up.   Time to show all those extra practices are paying off.   If they lose this one,   they're going 2-14.    But if they win it,  13-3 and hosting an NFC Championship.    That's how important this game is !

 

- OR -

 

Stafford won't play more than 1 quarter,  Patricia will show no major scheme adjustments or trickery and put the most vanilla product he can out there to keep other teams from getting film and it will be boring as **** and end up a 13-10 kind of game. 

 

I do hope the O-Line looks cohesive and the D-Line gets some kind of pressure on the QB, even if they don't do any stunting.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lions first drive stalls in the red zone.  Jim bob cooter special, run for no gain, run for no gain, force a throw on 3rd and long.  FG is good.  

Stacking the box and running up the gut isn’t a good strategy in the red zone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

First defensive series was wretched 

They have been as vanilla as vanilla gets this preseason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Lions first drive stalls in the red zone.  Jim bob cooter special, run for no gain, run for no gain, force a throw on 3rd and long.  FG is good.  

Stacking the box and running up the gut isn’t a good strategy in the red zone. 

Maybe don't run right into Gerald McCoy - their best player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sack and then offensive pass interference.  3rd and forever for the bucs.  Mike Evans down on the ground in pain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Sack and then offensive pass interference.  3rd and forever for the bucs.  Mike Evans down on the ground in pain. 

I am a little behind (paused to cook dinner) I look like he got the wind knocked out of him - the way he fell................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing says like welcome back nfl then injury timeout with 40 seconds left, commercial timeout after punt with 10 secs left and then commercial break between quarters after 1 play.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Nothing says like welcome back nfl then injury timeout with 40 seconds left, commercial timeout after punt with 10 secs left and then commercial break between quarters after 1 play.  

Mid-season form !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Golladay has to catch the ball. Lots of drops in the preseason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked like a fumble.  Lions can’t get a TE that can hang on to the ball.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why the **** is abuduallah getting any touches?  Jesus.  

Lions have had 5 plays with goal to go and haven’t gained a yard.  Jim bob...hasn’t learned. 

Make that 6 plays from goal to go and no yards.  Some extremely brutal play calling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TP is mid season form. The defense is vanilla but JBC is just incompetent. Not possible the offense could be vanilla and they are trying to work the run game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Looked like a fumble.  Lions can’t get a TE that can hang on to the ball.  

Don't care that they overturned it - that was a fumble.  Can't have that.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Why the **** is abuduallah getting any touches?  Jesus.  

Lions have had 5 plays with goal to go and haven’t gained a yard.  Jim bob...hasn’t learned. 

Make that 6 plays from goal to go and no yards.  Some extremely brutal play calling. 

Maybe they are showcasing him - or tying to.    Maybe they are still undecided on whether to keep him or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim bob special on 3rd and 1.  There is no worse coordinator on 3rd and short. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

TP is mid season form. The defense is vanilla but JBC is just incompetent. Not possible the offense could be vanilla and they are trying to work the run game. 

JBC has been incompetent since the go, where you been?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just preseason (I feel like I need to keep saying this to stay sane) but this looks like the same exact team as last season.  Can't run, can't pressure the passer, can't defend the pass in key situations, ill timed penalties, drives stalling once they cross the 30.  I have zero expectations this season but this is ugly football.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      96,127
    • Total Posts
      2,823,860
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×