IdahoBert

MTS Baseball Forum Hall of Fame

On 8/27/2018 at 9:07 AM, IdahoBert said:

3B94C20B-8FD3-47A1-A3C7-5F9BC57C8D20.thumb.png.ec4223a95c2fa74e5944a6c42d36d899.png

Sue used to post in the Tigers Forum and is still active in the Political Forum, I believe. As a Yankee fan, being a moderator at a Tigers fan site might seem anomalous but not to those that got to know her online.  Maybe someone who’s been here longer than myself can explain to others how this happened. 

Smear Ninja...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biff Mayhem said:

100 internet points if anyone remembers the source of that.

Benke:ninja:

24 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

It's a trick question.  It was Biffykins himself.

clowning around, probably

smallClown.jpg.a4cbb8914b3e75410f96db19bf09ce41.jpg

2 hours ago, Oblong said:

MCO

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

It's a trick question.  It was Biffykins himself.

Also incorrect.

I’m tied up doing some other stuff and traveling for Labor Day and won’t be able to add anyone to the Hall of Fame for a few days. But then I’ll be back in the saddle. 

I love where this thread is going. I’m glad it’s brought people out of the woodwork that we haven’t seen in a long time. Sites such is this have generally waned over the years anyway, but I also think a lot of people don’t follow this team with the seriousness or intent which they once had for a variety of sound reasons.  

Anyway I’ll be back soon  

14 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

You'd be first ballot if you attended more frequently.  Honestly I can't even count the number of times that I have sent out the truant officers to look for you.  I know that your visceral hatred of Shelton has kept you away from here but I just want to assure you that the rest of us feel the same way, but we have found a way to work through it.  You are one of the few who has truly understood Jim Aducci and the importance of his presence, and most important of all the necessity of him to smoke cigarettes during and between innings.  There is a rumour around here that you are a lawyer but we treat everybody equally here, so don't worry about it. 

You are too kind, sir.

If the warden didn't have such strict limits on internet access time, I would be able to post a lot more often.

Bump.  For practical reasons I’ve had to take a break from this but I will be getting back to it soon. I actually take this seriously, and just don’t want to do things for the sake of doing them but I definitely have more people to honor. 

33273A91-B6C4-4927-A5E3-8FC08928178D.thumb.jpeg.daddce8d39953cb7f01c5d42a1a1041e.jpeg

Davidsb did supurb game threads for a year and filled in when either myself or others were on vacation, he originated Today's Tiger Birthdays in his game threads (thank you BoomGaspar for making it it's own thread, this is kind of like The Simpsons spinning off from the Tracey Ullman Show) and was the originator of the Motown Collectors Forum. He also lives a scant 5 miles from where I spent the first 18 years of my life after being born of humble parents and delivered in a manger.  We’re almost related. 

• Like 3

B9E40269-EA9B-4FA0-8E8B-522D72220352.thumb.png.093416272de000cac2080fe754f289fc.png

Casimir astutely nurtured the game threads for a year, gently coaxing them until they could no longer resist and caught fire. And while people who do game threads are not the only ones inducted into the MTS Hall of Fame, everybody that did do game threads is. Because I say so. Also Casimir provides a unique brand of levity to this site that those of us who sat in the back row at elementary school can appreciate. Thank you for your service!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

33273A91-B6C4-4927-A5E3-8FC08928178D.thumb.jpeg.daddce8d39953cb7f01c5d42a1a1041e.jpeg

Davidsb did supurb game threads for a year and filled in when either myself or others were on vacation, he originated Today's Tiger Birthdays in his game threads (thank you BoomGaspar for making it it's own thread, this is kind of like The Simpsons spinning off from the Tracey Ullman Show) and was the originator of the Motown Collectors Forum. He also lives a scant 5 miles from where I spent the first 18 years of my life after being born of humble parents and delivered in a manger.  We’re almost related. 

That really is a great thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

B9E40269-EA9B-4FA0-8E8B-522D72220352.thumb.png.093416272de000cac2080fe754f289fc.png

Casimir astutely nurtured the game threads for a year, gently coaxing them until they could no longer resist and caught fire. And while people who do game threads are not the only ones inducted into the MTS Hall of Fame, everybody that did do game threads is. Because I say so. Also Casimir provides a unique brand of levity to this site that those of us who sat in the back row at elementary school can appreciate. Thank you for your service!  

Thanks, Bert.  Na zdrowie!

3 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Thank you Bert.  Although I have been here since day one, I have never posted a lot except when I was doing game threads.  I really loved doing them, at the time I think Bert and Yoda were the only other full time game thread starters to that point and those were big shoes to fill. 

Syrett4 had a great message board for Tiger collectors until it was over ran by hackers.  I was happy to work with Scott when he absorb it into MTS, it was a perfect fit!

Lots of good people have come and gone, some gone for ever.  I miss Roger, Brian and the others.  Remember Dr. Detroit?  I believe he organized the first MTS Comerica suite get together.  That was a fun evening (thanks again Sue for the shot glasses!)   So many other early morons that come to mind: Biff, Euph, Oblong, Lee, Punk, DTrop, Melissa, jimtigers65, Los Gatos, Microline, Mattie (so many others, sorry my mind is going to mush). 

It has been a good run.  Thanks again Bert for this thread.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, davidsb said:

Thank you Bert.  Although I have been here since day one, I have never posted a lot except when I was doing game threads.  I really loved doing them, at the time I think Bert and Yoda were the only other full time game thread starters to that point and those were big shoes to fill. 

Syrett4 had a great message board for Tiger collectors until it was over ran by hackers.  I was happy to work with Scott when he absorb it into MTS, it was a perfect fit!

Lots of good people have come and gone, some gone for ever.  I miss Roger, Brian and the others.  Remember Dr. Detroit?  I believe he organized the first MTS Comerica suite get together.  That was a fun evening (thanks again Sue for the shot glasses!)   So many other early morons that come to mind: Biff, Euph, Oblong, Lee, Punk, DTrop, Melissa, jimtigers65, Los Gatos, Microline, Mattie (so many others, sorry my mind is going to mush). 

It has been a good run.  Thanks again Bert for this thread.

This gives me a lot of ideas. Thank you. 

AB395D56-1744-4076-A0C2-E2D5D315B8F4.thumb.png.f09b24b1f6b21fb57beb6bf53a73942d.png

PuNk42AE did the game threads, I think, for two years.  I’d have to look but a lot of the game threads were deleted because I’m an idiot and got us into copyright trouble. Thank you for your service.