IdahoBert

MTS Baseball Forum Hall of Fame

5 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

3B94C20B-8FD3-47A1-A3C7-5F9BC57C8D20.thumb.png.ec4223a95c2fa74e5944a6c42d36d899.png

Sue used to post in the Tigers Forum and is still active in the Political Forum, I believe. As a Yankee fan, being a moderator at a Tigers fan site might seem anomalous but not to those that got to know her online.  Maybe someone who’s been here longer than myself can explain to others how this happened. 

She fit the suit. :)

In all seriousness though, when the site first got rolling in late 99/early 2000, she was very active in the general discussion area and kind of became the forum mom. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

3CC34EE2-DDF2-47AF-A90F-AD6BE55954B4.jpeg

I regret never meeting Roger. I hope I don’t make that mistake with a number of you. 

never met Roger either, but for those of us  mid cohort-boomers, Heuy's voice was immediately familiar as that older brother or cousin, one of those relative few born before the big boom who because of those few years saw a different world than we did, and told us about it. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

3B94C20B-8FD3-47A1-A3C7-5F9BC57C8D20.thumb.png.ec4223a95c2fa74e5944a6c42d36d899.png

Sue used to post in the Tigers Forum and is still active in the Political Forum, I believe. As a Yankee fan, being a moderator at a Tigers fan site might seem anomalous but not to those that got to know her online.  Maybe someone who’s been here longer than myself can explain to others how this happened. 

LOL - when I first got here one of the first things I did as a silly noub was get snarky with her about the Evil Yankees. ...on second thought, I still don't regret it! xD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

LOL - when I first got here one of the first things I did as a silly noub was get snarky with her about the Evil Yankees. ...on second thought, I still don't regret it! xD

I grew up next to a Yankee fan in Indiana. And he was a Yankee fan because they were always the best team on the planet and he didn’t wanna take any chances. Sue grew up where being a Yankee fan was legitimate.  I respect that because that’s what I did. 

I took a ruler and measured the distance between the dot representing my small town on a map and the dots that were Detroit and Chicago respectively,  because the Tigers and the White Sox both broadcast games on WPTA in Fort Wayne.  Detroit was 1/32 of an inch closer to Auburn, Indiana so I became a Tiger fan. A few year ago I typed in my former address and the addresses of both old Comiskey Park and Tiger Stadium and discovered that the White Sox played 1/4 of a mile closer than the Tigers.  I sure am glad the Internet didn’t exist back then. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I grew up next to a Yankee fan in Indiana. And he was a Yankee fan because they were always the best team on the planet and he didn’t wanna take any chances. Sue grew up where being a Yankee fan was legitimate.  I respect that because that’s what I did. 

I took a ruler and measured the distance between the dot representing my small town on a map and the dots that were Detroit and Chicago respectively,  because the Tigers and the White Sox both broadcast games on WPTA in Fort Wayne.  Detroit was 1/32 of an inch closer to Auburn, Indiana so I became a Tiger fan. A few year ago I typed in my former address and the addresses of both old Comiskey Park and Tiger Stadium and discovered that the White Sox played 1/4 of a mile closer than the Tigers.  I sure am glad the Internet didn’t exist back then. 

+1

Lots of good inductees in here. It’s important to remember that this place wouldn’t be what it is without the contributions of so many posters that are yet to be inducted and posters that never will be. But the most important thing is that I was inducted over the weekend and you people are lucky that I’ve been here posting hall of fame content for so many years. You’re welcome. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Lots of good inductees in here. It’s important to remember that this place wouldn’t be what it is without the contributions of so many posters that are yet to be inducted and posters that never will be. But the most important thing is that I was inducted over the weekend and you people are lucky that I’ve been here posting hall of fame content for so many years. You’re welcome. 

There are many more people to be  inducted.  Early on I am concentrating on people who have been here a long time or were active in the past.  We’re not going to induct “The Happy Time Murders,” for instance, just because it’s fresh in our minds and is clearly one of Orson Welles greatest films. 

Just now, IdahoBert said:

There are many more people to be  inducted.  Early on I am concentrating on people who have been here a long time or were active in the past.  We’re not going to induct “The Happy Time Murders,” for instance, just because it’s fresh in our minds and is clearly one of Orson Welles greatest films. 

52FF98D4-6082-4318-AA63-7F75DC3F87FD.png

21 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Oblong. Rob is slick, Jack. Oblong is what it is.  He did these cool chalk drawings in front of Comerica Park, too. Honestly. 

972A3216-923C-4D9C-A82A-B13857907F30.thumb.jpeg.550b73d38111d69aa5f3160c787fd57b.jpeg

man I wish they still had Blue there.

Yesterday I took the wife.  We sat in different seats.  one of my regular beer vendors was in our section.   We communicated non verbally and the wife is like "That's sad that they know you like that"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

She fit the suit. :)

In all seriousness though, when the site first got rolling in late 99/early 2000, she was very active in the general discussion area and kind of became the forum mom. 

Basically we needed an adult to help oversee this group!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, MotownWebGuy said:

Basically we needed an adult to help oversee this group!

I’ve always seen you as the adult in the room. You have a very level head without being a stick in the mud. 

D9A41FFF-E473-4A97-B0CD-7F50BEFFAFE7.thumb.jpeg.0c1fdc3e65370d73dbfb70ebcb58c3a2.jpeg

Casimir, thank you for your service.  People who volunteer to do the game thread day in day out for a year are a special breed.  The Randy Smith Conference Room is where hope goes to die. Your game threads kept hope alive. Your wit and wisdom is appreciated, as is your ability to leap tall buildings with a single bound and bend steel in your bare hands.  For all these great qualities and contributions, if you are as ugly as your avatar you are forgiven anyway. 

🎩

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

D9A41FFF-E473-4A97-B0CD-7F50BEFFAFE7.thumb.jpeg.0c1fdc3e65370d73dbfb70ebcb58c3a2.jpeg

Casimir, thank you for your service.  People who volunteer to do the game thread day in day out for a year are a special breed.  The Randy Smith Conference Room is where hope goes to die. Your game threads kept hope alive. Your wit and wisdom is appreciated, as is your ability to leap tall buildings with a single bound and bend steel in your bare hands.  For all these great qualities and contributions, if you are as ugly as your avatar you are forgiven anyway. 

🎩

Thanks, Bert, I appreciate the recognition.  I feel bad, though, as the season I did game threads was 2017, the end of the end of the window.  It was not only the end of the end; I'm pretty sure our fingers got stuck in between the slamming window and the window pane.

On 8/26/2018 at 12:06 PM, IdahoBert said:

And I’m not breaking the Sabbath by doing something, because everything is easy for me because, hey, I’m God. 

And on Tuesday's Bert rested.

Love this!   So many memories.   Brian was my first friend that I met online.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, syrett4 said:

Thank you for showing up!  

On 8/27/2018 at 10:14 AM, IdahoBert said:

52FF98D4-6082-4318-AA63-7F75DC3F87FD.png

I suspect that I am naive or inexperienced or, mostly likely, both, but this thread remains my favorite of all time on any message board.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, syrett4 said:

We need you to show up more frequently. We need your IQ points, we are in very short supply of those,

3 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

We need you to show up more frequently. We need your IQ points, we are in very short supply of those,

I logged back in to read any debate who the 2nd PTBNL in the Fiers deal was.    Didn't see anything in that thread but this HOF caught my attention.    Good stuff.    ....and I'm not sure if my IQ points would help or hurt the supply.  :)

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, diaspora04 said:

I suspect that I am naive or inexperienced or, mostly likely, both, but this thread remains my favorite of all time on any message board.

You'd be first ballot if you attended more frequently.  Honestly I can't even count the number of times that I have sent out the truant officers to look for you.  I know that your visceral hatred of Shelton has kept you away from here but I just want to assure you that the rest of us feel the same way, but we have found a way to work through it.  You are one of the few who has truly understood Jim Aducci and the importance of his presence, and most important of all the necessity of him to smoke cigarettes during and between innings.  There is a rumour around here that you are a lawyer but we treat everybody equally here, so don't worry about it. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, diaspora04 said:

Mine too.   As soon as I saw the pic of that hat I started cracking up.