IdahoBert

MTS Baseball Forum Hall of Fame

Another of the gone but not forgotten club is our native blues player Eastside Billee.  He was a hoot, and a good guy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

143EA6A9-0476-40F8-9E46-65C0D4EDA05B.jpeg

What an incredible honor. Thank you, Bert. 

That’s some beautiful artwork. I can only imagine this photo represents one of the many pro-Shelton rallies to come. Fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, the deuce, they will all be there to gather under the Chevrolet fountain to enjoy some free wi-fi and reminisce about that time I posted that Ajax sucks. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I should have also pointed out that Bert is out there in Idaho with 2 bunkers full of ammo, so that has to count for some good citizenship points too.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

I should have also pointed out that Bert is out there in Idaho with 2 bunkers full of ammo, so that has to count for some good citizenship points too.

We prefer to call it “the compound.“ I have four wives and 16 unvaccinated children at the compound and we’re all on welfare and SSI and hate big government. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Vaccination, like fluoridation, is a communist plot.

Since it’s the Alan Trammell celebration today and I am the God of this tiny thread I am going to break all the rules and post several Hall of Fame pictures today to demonstrate my mighty power and benevolence.  And I’m not breaking the Sabbath by doing something, because everything is easy for me because, hey, I’m God. 

F4E91CD9-E0E6-4225-91B0-8A84F99D3BA2.thumb.png.3d961aa07bc1d62e4f57462e1d10c791.png

20 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

Another of the gone but not forgotten club is our native blues player Eastside Billee.  He was a hoot, and a good guy.

@cruzer1 doesn’t post in the Tigers forum that much anymore but 14 years ago he did. A lot.  This is also personally significant to me because cruzer1 was the first person on this site to be nice to me. At the time some other posters had a kind of off-putting brashness that bordered on a Lord of the Flies thing and I was hesitant to open my mouth for fear being ridiculed.  He made me feel welcome.  I am always happy when David is around. Thank you  

41C97899-6250-4E6B-A060-CC3F9E08CC8D.png

• Like 1

Biff Mayhem, like cruzer1,  no longer posts in this forum that much but like cruzer1 he is one of the reasons I am here.  I asked him how to post a picture and he took the time to explain the details of how it was done.  So you can blame Biff. And with Biff being a moderator, it was like I was a freshman on the bus and a senior was taking the time to talk to me. Or like when Lennon and McCartney met George Harrison. Thank you, John. 

9EFC8B39-1AC2-4A88-8CE1-F5DB7F25C749.thumb.jpeg.99af2280ca916c2530d18796058d49d4.jpeg

• Like 1

Next on the list is Master Yoda. Deran needs no introduction to long time members.  Aside from his many contributions, he was a stalwart game thread caretaker which to me is a really big deal. I can’t say enough about this guy so maybe the rest of you should. 

41FBE9F4-FC44-4FC7-8099-A0C60165A300.thumb.jpeg.c70e00ced63f24af9fb4fdbfe540d211.jpeg

11 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Biff Mayhem, like cruzer1,  no longer posts in this forum that much but like cruzer1 he is one of the reasons I am here.  I asked him how to post a picture and he took the time to explain the details of how it was done. And with Biff being a moderator, it was like I was a freshman on the bus and a senior was taking the time to talk to me. Thank you, John. 

9EFC8B39-1AC2-4A88-8CE1-F5DB7F25C749.thumb.jpeg.99af2280ca916c2530d18796058d49d4.jpeg

It's officially time to start questioning who belongs and who doesn't.  

• Haha 2

Oblong. Rob is slick, Jack. Oblong is what it is.  He did these cool chalk drawings in front of Comerica Park, too. Honestly. 

972A3216-923C-4D9C-A82A-B13857907F30.thumb.jpeg.550b73d38111d69aa5f3160c787fd57b.jpeg

Well that’s enough for today. I have another half dozen ready to go, but many more will be enshrined, or entombed,  depending on your point of view.  Enjoy Alan Trammell day! 

11 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

143EA6A9-0476-40F8-9E46-65C0D4EDA05B.jpeg

The Tigers have to bring back AJax to patrol CF.  Its only fitting with Shelton's name adorning the CF wall.

2 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Since it’s the Alan Trammell celebration today and I am the God of this tiny thread I am going to break all the rules and post several Hall of Fame pictures today to demonstrate my mighty power and benevolence.  And I’m not breaking the Sabbath by doing something, because everything is easy for me because, hey, I’m God. 

F4E91CD9-E0E6-4225-91B0-8A84F99D3BA2.thumb.png.3d961aa07bc1d62e4f57462e1d10c791.png

This is hard for me to put into words, but I will try.

I *LOVE* the text and the angels adorning the arch by the player's lot.  Thank you for that touch.

Naturally, when one is honored in such a manner, one becomes contemplative and thinks back on all the people who sacrificed of themselves to help put me in the position where I find myself today.  I especially want to thank those with whom I have argued.  I hope nobody has taken it personal.

Except for James McCann.  He is ****ing awful.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

This is hard for me to put into words, but I will try.

I *LOVE* the text and the angels adorning the arch by the player's lot.  Thank you for that touch.

Naturally, when one is honored in such a manner, one becomes contemplative and thinks back on all the people who sacrificed of themselves to help put me in the position where I find myself today.  I especially want to thank those with whom I have argued.  I hope nobody has taken it personal.

Except for James McCann.  He is ****ing awful.

I spent a lot of time on this photo, even though I’m The God of This Thread and have all the time I need. I had to manipulate the original considerably, bring out the details, blend the spectacular sky in the background from another source, and summon the angels from eternity where they are used to only praising me. But they don’t have free will which means their praise is hollow. I’m glad you liked it. 

2 hours ago, tiger337 said:

It's officially time to start questioning who belongs and who doesn't.  

I am a combination of Joe Falls, Nate Silver, and the Veterans Committee. Anything is possible. 

One more because I make the rules and break them too. Tension and conflict are the source of movement in this universe. There are consequences too  

4AB0746B-C1BB-4043-8D97-20BA5AE995FF.thumb.jpeg.f5e42380a3fdf2f9965ddb2c1ac96fef.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I was going to comment on the lack of lawn sprinklers but realized that this isn't a picture of the Biggs family yard.

3 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I am a combination of Joe Falls, Nate Silver, and the Veterans Committee. Anything is possible. 

….and Rob Parker?

1 hour ago, davidsb said:

….and Rob Parker?

I think he might fall under the “veterans committee“ part to some degree. 

19 hours ago, Shelton said:

What an incredible honor. Thank you, Bert. 

That’s some beautiful artwork. I can only imagine this photo represents one of the many pro-Shelton rallies to come. Fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, the deuce, they will all be there to gather under the Chevrolet fountain to enjoy some free wi-fi and reminisce about that time I posted that Ajax sucks. 

I think that was, like, more than once. So there’s going to have to be a lot of rallies.  And then there’s Hackowsky. 

19 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

The sprinker is this way.... follow the light.

• Like 1

3B94C20B-8FD3-47A1-A3C7-5F9BC57C8D20.thumb.png.ec4223a95c2fa74e5944a6c42d36d899.png

Sue used to post in the Tigers Forum and is still active in the Political Forum, I believe. As a Yankee fan, being a moderator at a Tigers fan site might seem anomalous but not to those that got to know her online.  Maybe someone who’s been here longer than myself can explain to others how this happened.