IdahoBert

MTS Baseball Forum Hall of Fame

B57067AB-0EAD-4292-9DCF-FB8E36B8E048.thumb.png.4369dd8ec1cb9f582b3db1de67ea30d5.png

Thank you for your tenacity in the Birthday Thread. It’s a great service to us all and it honors the players great and small that have made this team meaningful to us. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davidsb said:

Thank you Bert.  Although I have been here since day one, I have never posted a lot except when I was doing game threads.  I really loved doing them, at the time I think Bert and Yoda were the only other full time game thread starters to that point and those were big shoes to fill. 

Syrett4 had a great message board for Tiger collectors until it was over ran by hackers.  I was happy to work with Scott when he absorb it into MTS, it was a perfect fit!

Lots of good people have come and gone, some gone for ever.  I miss Roger, Brian and the others.  Remember Dr. Detroit?  I believe he organized the first MTS Comerica suite get together.  That was a fun evening (thanks again Sue for the shot glasses!)   So many other early morons that come to mind: Biff, Euph, Oblong, Lee, Punk, DTrop, Melissa, jimtigers65, Los Gatos, Microline, Mattie (so many others, sorry my mind is going to mush). 

It has been a good run.  Thanks again Bert for this thread.

Yeah those stinking Russians!!   That board was fun to run with the checklists and all.   Down to 1958 in my Tiger collection and still all the way up through 2017...I'll get 2018 in a month after the Traded/Update set comes out.    

Yeah those were the days, I recognize all of those names.    Great times.  I was living in Wisconsin at the time and this board was my best source of Tiger info.   Moved back in 2012 and live downtown now which I love.  Walked to the Verlander/Stewart game tonight and have tickets for tomorrow too.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

AB395D56-1744-4076-A0C2-E2D5D315B8F4.thumb.png.f09b24b1f6b21fb57beb6bf53a73942d.png

PuNk42AE did the game threads, I think, for two years.  I’d have to look but a lot of the game threads were deleted because I’m an idiot and got us into copyright trouble. Thank you for your service. 

Glad to be a part of this, and had a great time thinking up and creating the GDT during the time I was doing them.  The community here has been great over the (holy crap i've been here for 16 years) entire time i've been here.  A lot of people have come and gone, but there is a lot of the core that are still here.  Hopefully this site remains strong for the next 16+ years.

10 hours ago, davidsb said:

Remember Dr. Detroit?  I believe he organized the first MTS Comerica suite get together.  That was a fun evening (thanks again Sue for the shot glasses!)  

BornInDetroit.

28 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

BornInDetroit.

Aaaah, yes. Thank you.

I have been lurking again for a few months and enjoyed the trip down memory lane Bert. It was enjoyable to share the Tiger’s revival of 2003-6 with everyone here.  

I returned from retirement to show how slow and feeble I am. I have embarrassed everyone I have ever known and will return to my basement. 

PS, I still think Clevlen can make it. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, osurower said:

I have been lurking again for a few months and enjoyed the trip down memory lane Bert. It was enjoyable to share the Tiger’s revival of 2003-6 with everyone here.  

I returned from retirement to show how slow and feeble I am. I have embarrassed everyone I have ever known and will return to my basement. 

PS, I still think Clevlen can make it. 

Clevlen still has a chance - the lights are better in the major leagues.

• Like 1

146E65E7-3E3C-4748-8CB8-476FEF8A63E9.thumb.png.8b57e02f02f1ef85619eaba6b935aeeb.png

Mark is one of my favorite people here. He has been here since the beginning and he and he knows a lot more about Music than me, and being in a city that is noted for Music, I find this quite impressive. Like a lot of people that have been here a long time he’s a tradition. Thank you for showing up when many others have fallen into the grasp of satanic indifference. 

626F7ACF-44FC-46D6-B3B9-3B41026552AC.thumb.jpeg.1e0d0808ff2621d3ac59ed7a319a7052.jpeg

VegasTiger has been on this board for quite a while.  When I saw him online a few minutes ago it jogged my memory because I not only wanted to honor him anyway, but others had suggested the honor as well.  Thank you for your contributions. 

• Like 1

There’s many more people to go. Just be patient and unless you’re a total a-hole, or never contribute much at all or never did, you probably won’t make it.  But if you are not characterized by the aforementioned deficits there’s a pretty good chance you’ll get inducted to the Hall of Fame if I live long enough and don’t lose my memory.  Happy Fourth of July.   

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I know he doesn't want to induct himself so somebody needs to induct Bert! 

Bert wants nothing to do with a group that will have him as a member. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I know he doesn't want to induct himself so somebody needs to induct Bert! 

Thank you. The illustrious Charles Liston inducted me a ways back in this thread.  But anyone who wants to extol my many virtues still further is welcome. 

• Haha 1

Very cool thing to do Bert. I feel quite honored to be included in a group that includes you. I assume the check's in the mail?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Thank you. The illustrious Charles Liston inducted me a ways back in this thread.  But anyone who wants to extol my many virtues still further is welcome. 

Biggest Tiger fan in Idaho.

I now have a trove of good photographs that will make it easier for me to induct people into the Hall of Fame more quickly. Previously I had to hunt them down one at a time. 

11 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

C6F4BC40-D079-4D7C-920D-B407E29F4A5A.thumb.png.04e361274d2d8baf9e5df6ef13d5d18c.png

Thanks Bert!  I knew one day my never-ending quest to increase the Tigers' payroll would lead to fame and fortune.

• Like 1