IdahoBert

MTS Baseball Forum Hall of Fame

tyrus was a whole other animal.  pretty sure he got banned for being....mean.

Benke and Sportz have some fun exchanges on Twitter.  

14 hours ago, tiger337 said:

They are.  The amount of music and noise in the stands during games is the worst I have ever heard.  I don't even like going there anymore.  Machestah is better and I am looking forward to the Red Sox AAA team moving to Woostah.  

For the same reasons I don’t like  to attend Greensboro Grasshoppers home games anymore. Between every single pitch there is some annoying noise out of the PA...the whole freaking game. It is like everyone in the stands is 5 years old and needs to be entertained constantly.

14 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Tytus Tiger

He was a nice guy who posted way too many of his hand drawn gifs which got annoying.  I recall that he left because he was sensitive about people criticizing his artwork.

40 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

slicknickshady deserves to be considered as well.

My New Tigers Hat!

100_0334.jpg

Biff or someone has got to have a copy of the photo Yoda made with a blowup doll thrown across this bed. OMG, this is a 17 page thread!  I haven’t scrolled all the way through it but I bet that photo is embedded in here.  I can’t believe all those names I never see anymore around here.  It really makes me nostalgic. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Biff or someone has got to have a copy of the photo Yoda made with a blowup doll thrown across this bed. 

Spoiler

SLIM.jpg

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I am so happy.  I miss all the people who used to post here. 

You're only happy because you're alive to miss them.

54 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

slicknickshady deserves to be considered as well.

My New Tigers Hat!

100_0334.jpg

Cannot nominate SlimShady without mentioning the BaconDrips Russian girlfriend thing.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Cannot nominate SlimShady without mentioning the BaconDrips Russian girlfriend thing.

This thread is just insane.  It unlocks the pulse of the people who used to inhabit this place.  I don’t like to feel as if I were the Grinch, but like him my heart has grown three sizes today. 

8 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

B8F28965-4860-4C1F-B091-996EAC55C18C.thumb.jpeg.b9650fc5bd1a92f20a903457a1cc8aca.jpeg

Very nice. RIP. 

Brian was such a great poster here. He knew so much about everything. The thread asking him to check in on that day is haunting. 

The thing that seems to stand out the most about him is that he would engage with anyone, and he always did so in a respectful manner, even if he was telling you how wrong you were. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Shelton said:

he always did so in a respectful manner, even if he was telling you how wrong you were. 

Sorry to be the bubble buster here, but this is not anywhere close to true. There was a time when we had to create a separate forum for minor league discussion because he and Edman were such huge pricks to the minor league fans who were casual fans and not statheads.

5 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Sorry to be the bubble buster here, but this is not anywhere close to true. There was a time when we had to create a separate forum for minor league discussion because he and Edman were such huge pricks to the minor league fans who were casual fans and not statheads.

Well, then maybe not everyone. Those minor league folks at the time were an interesting bunch, and if I remember correctly were incredibly irrational and couldn’t handle hearing that their boys weren’t actually good at professional baseball. 

To the extent he acted like a dick to a particular subset of folks, I just don’t remember that. I’ll defer to your recollection. But I did spend a couple minutes going back to try and find something like that. I couldn’t find it, but I did find this thread, which is pretty much the type of thing I was referencing. He seemed to put a lot of thought and consideration into his posts, acknowledging the other person’s position, and providing good reasoning for his disagreement.

When I just signed in and saw this Title the first two that came to my mind were Estrepe1 and Huey.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

My recall is that there were two sides to that.  Some of those minor league fans were unreasonable and a few would bait people like Edman and Estrepe into fights.  Edman is one of my favorite internet friends, but he can be a kind of a ***** sometimes and he admits to it.  I don't ever remember Estrepe being a ***** to anyone. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I remember when Yoda posed as Dave Dombrowski for a live chat.  He had Dave’s willful evasiveness nailed down perfectly. 

That never happened. 

1 minute ago, Yoda said:

That never happened. 

I thought it was Microline

35 minutes ago, PuNk42AE said:

When I just signed in and saw this Title the first two that came to my mind were Estrepe1 and Huey.

I realize it is a sacrilege, but some of the stuff Huey wrote turned me off to him.

His pictures were awesome.

22 minutes ago, Yoda said:

That never happened. 

You try and trade him

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I realize it is a sacrilege, but some of the stuff Huey wrote turned me off to him.

His pictures were awesome.

Nah I agree with that part too, more so for his Pictures and pure Lakeland information.

1 hour ago, PuNk42AE said:

Roger is very soon.