IdahoBert

MTS Baseball Forum Hall of Fame

B10F31D5-6BF1-4982-9D0D-498D50FD1AF6.thumb.jpeg.b4317b2486ff13616c47b2926c3b3385.jpeg

Is this site going to survive the rebuild? You know the answer.  

I have only been here 14 years, three months, and two days.  So I haven’t been here since Adam and Eve but I’ve been here a pretty long time. And just as Tiger337 once gave “rookie of the year“ awards — of which I was a worthy recipient —  I am going to honor the people who have made this place what it is. I am going to honor the people who were here and are still here or who have since left, for whatever reason,   and who have made this place worthy of the time and attention to which many of us devote so many of our waking hours. 

I am hoping to honor a new person every day until it is too boring or repetitive to continue. PM me about whom you think should be added.  I already have quite a few people in mind for either rational or sentimental reasons but I am bound leave some people out. Make sure I don’t do that.  There are a lot of people who haven’t been here in a long time who also need and deserve to be recalled fondly.  Even the villains. 

I am honoring Lee first because he is the first person I thought of.  One of the most astute observers of this game anywhere. He is one of only three MTS posters that I have ever met face-to-face. Without him this place would  be much less than it has been these past many years. 

Feel free to add your own comments  about each days honored recipient or whatever else strikes you as pertinent. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Also it’s about the baseball side of the site.  I am ill-equipped to note those who spend a lot of time in the political forum, or other forums.  If you have 69,000 posts in the political forum, well, God bless you but that’s not what this Hall of Fame is about.  It’s baseball only. 

• Like 2

How many members will your Hall need to have before we can begin arguing about who is in and out?

• Like 2

Lee wrote a book about batting average. I didn’t buy it though because batting average isn’t a great stat to evaluate players. There are so many other things behind batting average that are useful to consider. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Lee wrote a book about batting average. I didn’t buy it though because batting average isn’t a great stat to evaluate players. There are so many other things behind batting average that are useful to consider. 

I've heard rumors he was juicing when he wrote that, should he really be a 1st ballot HoFer?

2 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

I've heard rumors he was juicing when he wrote that, should he really be a 1st ballot HoFer?

It was only greenies.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Well yeah. Have you seen the size of his head?

TripleSe7en and Sportz4Life should be automatic shoo-ins.

• Like 2

I finally made a top 100 list.  #99 will be revealed tomorrow?  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

And you're going to be so disappointed at who's ahead of you.

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

There’s no gradation among members of the Hall.  It’s an organic whole which is greater than the sum of its parts. 

11 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I am honoring Lee first because he is the first person I thought of.  One of the most astute observers of this game anywhere. He is one of only three MTS posters that I have ever met face-to-face. Without him this place would  be much less than it has been these past many years. 

I stand behind this selection!

• Like 1

well guys are going to have to go in at their  'positions'. We have game thread creators - they would be like our starting pitchers - they need their own wing - Bert/KL2. The game day stalwarts - LG, LS, our contract and rule book mavens eg. Shelton, Edman. The minor league masters - Cruzer, Micro........

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, davidsb said:

I stand behind this selection!

Brown nosing doesn't put you to the front of the line Dave.

The damn thing should be named after Liston. 

21 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Liston needs his own wing.  

16 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Liston is a legend.

14 minutes ago, Shelton said:

The damn thing should be named after Liston. 

1 hour ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Brown nosing doesn't put you to the front of the line.

Liston runs faster than Cameron Maybin, Nook Logan, Sir Eugene Kingsale, and Chuck Norris.

31 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Liston runs faster than Cameron Maybin, Nook Logan, Sir Eugene Kingsale, and Chuck Norris.

By himself vs them running a relay.

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Liston is a legend.

he has the highest peak of any MTS member.  His counting stats are lacking.  He is like the Sandy Koufax of MTS.  

1 minute ago, tiger337 said:

His counting stats are lacking.  

His counting stats are slacking.