Sign in to follow this  
peze23

(Rest of) 2018 SUCCESSES

I'm choosing to title this 2018 since we seem to be lacking enough consistent response to do this month by month. 

Need to report some belated July successes I received at Cooperstown.  First off, the village was pretty packed and while I've been told athletes/HOF'ers were pretty accessible in year's past, the commercialization of our hobby is now in full effect in Cooperstown too.  If you wanted an autograph, you had to buy a ticket.  I acquiesced, and got Pete Rose, Tony Perez, and Ozzie Smith (former Tigers draft pick).  I ran into Lou Whitaker on the street, but his promoter forbade any autographs to be signed in favor of his paid signing.  Rose and Perez were highly untalkative (pretty lame for paying $60-$65 per autograph), but Ozzie was a joy to talk with.  I was with a couple of buddies and we asked him if he stayed with Detroit - who would move to 3B him or Tram?  He chuckled and said we stumped him...Detroit would have been in good shape either way. 

I also got Jimmy "Mouth of the South" Hart (had to pay $10 for him) and Brian Kenny, who was the Hall of Fame Parade host.  He had no idea he had his own baseball card when I presented one for him to sign.

For future reference, the HOF Induction weekend was incredible.  But, if you are hoping to stock up on autographs, bring lots of $$$.  I'll post some pictures soon.

I was there as well! We must have been in line together - I was the first person in line for Lou while the line for Ozzy was right next to us.

It was my first time at induction weekend - an incredible experience.

Did you see Darrell Evans and McLain signing?

5 hours ago, peze23 said:

I'm choosing to title this 2018 since we seem to be lacking enough consistent response to do this month by month. 

Need to report some belated July successes I received at Cooperstown.  First off, the village was pretty packed and while I've been told athletes/HOF'ers were pretty accessible in year's past, the commercialization of our hobby is now in full effect in Cooperstown too.  If you wanted an autograph, you had to buy a ticket.  I acquiesced, and got Pete Rose, Tony Perez, and Ozzie Smith (former Tigers draft pick).  I ran into Lou Whitaker on the street, but his promoter forbade any autographs to be signed in favor of his paid signing.  Rose and Perez were highly untalkative (pretty lame for paying $60-$65 per autograph), but Ozzie was a joy to talk with.  I was with a couple of buddies and we asked him if he stayed with Detroit - who would move to 3B him or Tram?  He chuckled and said we stumped him...Detroit would have been in good shape either way. 

I also got Jimmy "Mouth of the South" Hart (had to pay $10 for him) and Brian Kenny, who was the Hall of Fame Parade host.  He had no idea he had his own baseball card when I presented one for him to sign.

For future reference, the HOF Induction weekend was incredible.  But, if you are hoping to stock up on autographs, bring lots of $$$.  I'll post some pictures soon.

Nice job.

I've never been, but I've often wondered about the quality of the hotels in the area. It doesn't seem like there is much there, and I suppose the ones that are decent book up well in advance. Seems like staying in Syracuse or utica and commuting might be the only realistic options, but maybe I'm misguided in that thinking. Even if you drove in, it seems like parking would be at a premium in the village. 

I made my first Whitecaps Tigers Wednesday event last night with Placido Polanco. I arrived at 4:30pm and was number 241. I got my game used bat signed and a 2006 World Series baseball previously signed by Monroe and Granderson. Photos of the bat below (one paired with Guillen and one paired with the 1984 double play combo).

Whitaker Trammell Polanco Guillen cropped.jpg

Polanco Guillen cropped.jpg

A few Tigers successes over the past couple of months. It's been fun jumping back into the hobby and getting some nice returns.

IMG_3039.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3042.jpg

• Thanks 1

Have not done a custom in at least a year so I spent a couple hours having some fun.  The Greene was an actual TTM return, only took 12 months.  Ha.

Custom 1.jpg

Custom 2.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:08 PM, BoomGaspar said:

Dave - 

Care to share the full size photoshops of Mahler & Kinzer?

My pleasure!

1106 Mickey Mahler.jpg

1185 Matt Kinzer.jpg

13 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

You're a good egg Dave. 

Very kind of you to say.  😎