Oblong

Mudhens question

Wife got us tickets for Friday’s game in Toledo. Haven’t been there since Ned Skelton days.  Any suggestions on good places to eat before?  Preferably I would like to just park once. I like beer 

Not as old as the skelton day, but It been a few years so the take the reviews as dated. If you want a 'nicer' dinner, there is a block of 3 or 4 restaurants on east side of the Cherry street bridge on the river including a Real Seafood (same folks as in A^2)and a something mexican. I've been to a couple of those and they were OK. That's probably further than you want to walk though. There are a few places right at the park that are more pub like, but I don't know anything about any of them. There is also a PizzaPapolis  - haven't been to it but if it's as good as the one in Det that should be OK. The Spaghetti Warehouse is a family/party kind of place - also only a couple of blocks from the park, been there a couple of times. It was fine.

I've been to PizzaPapolis once, and it seemed pretty good.  The building is right off of the LF foul pole, so walking distance is minimal.  Spaghetti Warehouse is an area favorite (not so much for me) and an easy walk.  There is a satelite Tony Packo's right off of the RF entrance as well.

I like The Blarney, which is across the street from PizzaPapolis.  Have not been there in a few years, but I liked their Reuben.  And they have beer.

Ye Olde Durty Bird is on the opposite corner of the yard.  Decent patio area, good food.

Maumee Bay Brewing is a little bit off of the block from the stadium, but only a few minutes away.  If you are familiar with the High Level Bridge, it basically sits at the foot of that.  Good beers brewed on the grounds there.  I wouldn't walk it, so this may not be a good option for you.

There are other restaurants in the "Hensville" area, but I cannot speak to them.  We just don't head down around there for eats very often.

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

There are a number of McDonalds close to the off ramps for I-75.

Laplaisance Road has one.

I read that as lap dance road.

I'd be more excited if it was lap dance road

PizzaPapolis used to be a strip joint.

I guess we've figured out Oblong's pregame destination.  Good work, gents.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Or Wednesday night, as it is known in the Bigglesworth household.

Happy Humpday.

Tony Packo's across the street is always a decent choice for something unique to the Toledo area. 

However, when I went to a game last year, I ate at the BirdCage Bar & Grill inside the stadium.  It is an all-you-can-eat feast for $20 for each adult ($10 for kids).  Reservations are encouraged, especially for a Friday night game (if still available).  They have a great menu.

http://birdcagebarandgrill.com/ 

• Like 1