T&P_Fan

Training Camp and Preseason

Watching this on NFL Network the broadcast is the Oakland one.  So, I have only caught glimpses of our enormous coach.   listening on XM to hear Dan and Lo.  

2 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Watching this on NFL Network the broadcast is the Oakland one.  So, I have only caught glimpses of our enormous coach.   listening on XM to hear Dan and Lo.  

Same though. 

Would have been a TD to Abdullah if Cassel was any good.  First and goal none the less.  

Abduallah hammers it home.  TD.  AA looked great on that drive. 

12 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Abdullah is attacking the hole.  Finally. 

that was a LONG drive. 

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

and you wonder why they're leaving Oakland

I don't wonder why they're leaving. I just wonder why the fans still bother with a team that is leaving. The Raiders could have built a new stadium in Oakland. 

29 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I don't wonder why they're leaving. I just wonder why the fans still bother with a team that is leaving. The Raiders could have built a new stadium in Oakland. 

No way.  They can't build a new stadium there.  It can't be done.  It's impossible. 

Flag on that run by K Johnson, didn’t effect the play.  Damn, what a run. Don’t care if the play comes back, that was great running. 

Saw the replay...ref made a mistake.  

Takeaways from Meaningless Game #1

1. Kerryon Johnson's first step.   I don't know how much more they need to play him.  He has a feel, he has the quickness and he and Blount will be the main tandem.   Why risk injury?   The real question is if they keep Abdullah and Riddick both.  Most of us think one of those two are going to be released, but maybe not.   Riddick seems more valuable because of his receiving ability, but he's also more expensive.  If a good D-Lineman or Tight End becomes available they might have to cut Riddick loose to afford that player. 

2. Offensive line looked pretty good.  I know the first unit didn't play much, but the looked pretty good. 

3.  Defensive front 7 wasn't very impressive but I have a feeling that it will get a lot better.  Most of these guys are new and they haven't played together yet.  And I don't think Matt Patricia is going to show much in the preseason - their defensive scheme was pretty vanilla yesterday.    

4  Dropsies.  I don't care how rusty someone is - I hate seeing the drops.  Luke Wilson looked a lot like Ebron on one play.  Kenny G dropped one too.   Can't have it.  But I also have to wait because I am sure a ball coming out of Matthew Stafford's hands has a lot more to it than any other QBs and maybe during practices they've gotten used to the feel of a Matthew Stafford pass.  

5  Wrap Matthew Stafford in bubble wrap until the opener because the other two QBs are awful.  I hope they are keeping their eyes peeled for other teams moves at QB and somebody better than Matt Cassel becomes available.   That doesn't seem like it's too hard to imagine. 

Blount, Abdullah, and Johnson all averaged at least 4 yards per carry. The running game will only be better with Stafford in the game. Stafford is more experienced in reading defenses and checking into better run plays. There's also obviously the better passing threat. 

My concern is still with the defensive front. Hopefully Ansah can provide something and the actual scheme in the season will yield better results. If the Lions can run the ball and spread it around and control clock, they can help mask the defense much like they did a couple years ago when they made the playoffs. 

Only watched the first couple possessions.  Don't really have any insight on the players other than I was disappointed Golloday couldn't haul in either of the two passes I saw thrown to him but what caught my eye was the new kickoff rules.  I didn't realize that they changed them.  Not being able to get a running start seems like it is a big advantage to the receiving team. 

It seems like it makes it more imperative to kick it into the end zone because the one kickoff I saw the returner was already at the 30 before anybody even got to him.   

19 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Anyone hear anything on Glasgow?  Wondering how serious the injury is.

He is back practicing from what I saw on twitter.