T&P_Fan

Training Camp and Preseason

11 wins seems a bit much. I like the optimism but it will be tough to get even near that. There are still a lot of problems with the roster mostly the front 7, it also needs to be taken into account there is going to be a learning curve with the defense as it is a new system. I am somewhat surprised  Hand is buried so deep on the depth chart. I get that he is a rookie and this is the first one so veterans are listed first, just thought he'd before the likes of Cam Johnson and a 1 year UDFA Alex Barrett. 

2 hours ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

11 wins seems a bit much. I like the optimism but it will be tough to get even near that. There are still a lot of problems with the roster mostly the front 7, it also needs to be taken into account there is going to be a learning curve with the defense as it is a new system. I am somewhat surprised  Hand is buried so deep on the depth chart. I get that he is a rookie and this is the first one so veterans are listed first, just thought he'd before the likes of Cam Johnson and a 1 year UDFA Alex Barrett. 

He doesn't play the same position as Barrett.  He'll make the team, relax.

1 hour ago, cruzer1 said:

No doubt he will make the team.

Golladay has been getting a bunch of hype of late particularly among the Fantasy football people, I hope he lives up to it.  I think him and Tabor are the two guys I'm most interested in seeing this preseason.   

I think the OL and run game will be a lot better than last year, the D will be a smidge better and the passing  offense will be relatively the same, but maybe a slight uptick due to consistency. Stafford's in year 3 with Cooter, year 3 with MJJ, year 5 with Tate, year 4 with TJ, year 2 with Golladay, year 5 with Riddick and of course that left side of the OL should be largely better. IDK if that equates to more wins or not in the end. I do expect a better product though. 

12 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

Never trust a Barrett.

13 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Should we start a betting pool on which starting or regular Lion goes down for the season playing a meaningless preseason game tonight?

My money goes on Stafford.

Matt Cassel has all day to run, turns and gets sacked instead.  If Rudock can’t beat out Cassel we have a back up problem.  Hopefully the problem never reaches the surface, but’s it been too long that the Lions have had a back up who is a career backup or 3rd stringer.  

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Not even playing tonight................

Great decision.  No need for him to be out there. 

6 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Matt Cassel has all day to run, turns and gets sacked instead.  If Rudock can’t beat out Cassel we have a back up problem.  Hopefully the problem never reaches the surface, but’s it been too long that the Lions have had a back up who is a career backup or 3rd stringer.  

I don't know if the any team has a bigger drop off from starter to backup at QB than the Lions.  

Tom Brady is the best QB but Brian Hoyer is so much better than anything the Lions have as a backup.  

5 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I don't know if the any team has a bigger drop off from starter to backup at QB than the Lions.  

Tom Brady is the best QB but Brian Hoyer is so much better than anything the Lions have as a backup.  

Green Bay. Considering too Aaron Rodgers is coming off injury. 

Pass interference on Marvin. Who wasn’t the target.  OK then. No replay either.  Wonder why. 

1 minute ago, T&P_Fan said:

Pass interference on Marvin. Who wasn’t the target.  OK then. No replay either.  Wonder why. 

It's clearly a penalty if he is blocking while the ball is in the air. 

18 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Not even playing tonight................

That’s why I don’t gamble.