kdog

Fiers traded to Oakland for 2 PTBNL or cash

3 hours ago, Yoda said:

I didn't understand a word you said. 

It means "be sure to drink your Ovaltine".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigrrfan said:

Still, ..not very often you see any prospect listed at DH.

I was thinking about this and I don't think it's a case of guys like Stewart and Beers being any worse than some of the guys that used to patrol left field way back in the day. I think that if there were less grounders and more long flies and liners way back when, quite a few of the left fielders of my youth would have been slotted in at DH at a much younger age. These days, it's a bit harder to hide a poor fielder in the outfield because they tend to get exposed unless they're out there with two GG-caliber guys. 

That's my theory.

1 minute ago, Walewander said:

I was thinking about this and I don't think it's a case of guys like Stewart and Beers being any worse than some of the guys that used to patrol left field way back in the day. I think that if there were less grounders and more long flies and liners way back when, quite a few of the left fielders of my youth would have been slotted in at DH at a much younger age. These days, it's a bit harder to hide a poor fielder in the outfield because they tend to get exposed unless they're out there with two GG-caliber guys. 

That's my theory.

I just think it’s more about the way teams value defense these days compared to the past. Sure, it was great to have a good defender, but there wasn’t as much assigning a run value to guys that butchered a play and take an error. It didn’t affect the pitcher’s ERA so no harm no foul. And these poor defenders could rack up those RBI, which is all that matters. They might even hit .300. 

On 9/19/2018 at 1:06 PM, tiger337 said:

Logan Shore was born into a wealthy family and has lived a life of privilege.  He went to all the best schools, never applied himself though.  He was your stereotypical frat boy,  handsome and shallow and good at sports, but more interested in partying and his corvette.  He knew his father's name and fortune would carry him through life and he never worked a day in his life.  He happens to be a gifted baseball talent, but he doesn't need the money so doesn't get the most out of his potential.  He thinks all the women love him, but they only want his family money.  He is basically a huge douche.  The Deuce is going to own this jerk.  

You have history?

8 hours ago, Shelton said:

Willie Calhoun and Seth beer are also listed as DH on fangraphs. 

Thank you for that info .. was curious about it.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 12:19 PM, Tigrrfan said:

If you say so.

I'd prefer Miggy become the full time DH.

Yes, Miggy should be a DH.  And so should Stewart.  And Castellanos.  But all 3 can't play DH at the same time. 

6 hours ago, bobrob2004 said:

Yes, Miggy should be a DH.  And so should Stewart.  And Castellanos.  But all 3 can't play DH at the same time. 

Sure they can.

....One for Rangers, one for Rays, one for the A's.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 10:26 AM, Shelton said:

8 million for one year of an effective SP is exactly the type of contract the A’s would want. 

Fiers non-terndered by A's.

5 minutes ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

You have a reminder set or something?

Guess I was wrong. 

Also, this happened like a week ago. You need to up your game. 

On 12/8/2018 at 9:49 AM, Chili Mac Davis said:

I see Fiers has become the latest player to significantly improve his level of play immediately after escaping the D.

56 minutes ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

I see Fiers has become the latest player to significantly improve his level of play immediately after escaping the D.

That did not happen with Fiers

2 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

That did not happen with Fiers

It did, just not significantly. He was very good with the Tigers as well.