kdog

Fiers traded to Oakland for 2 PTBNL or cash

54 minutes ago, PuNk42AE said:

What if we Run and don't Jog?

There is a big difference and runners will let you know that all the time.  

Matt Manning's ETA is 2022?  Figuring he's in Erie for 2019, He's going to repeat a season in Erie or Toledo?

7 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

Matt Manning's ETA is 2022?  Figuring he's in Erie for 2019, He's going to repeat a season in Erie or Toledo?

I was just questioning that one too.....

5 hours ago, Yoda said:

Sounds like a guy who lives in a neighborhood where people jog. 

Middle-aged white guys who wash their driveways on Saturday morning.

6 hours ago, holygoat said:

I was told it would be cash.

"They said that there would be a meal".  That's Adam West, in a tuxedo I think and looking dazed and confused,  on 30 Rock after Alec Baldwin wigs out and kicks everybody out of his birthday party (after having fulfilled a childhood fantasy by having Batman at his birthday party).

Logan Shore slotting in at 25 in the organization means that he's not a prospect..  And a good thing too, he's such a privileged country-club dick that he would only irritate his teammates, and us as fans.  Go sail your yacht somewhere else.

I can hardly wait until Lewicki and Barbato introduce Logan Shore III to the Lakeland clubhouse next Spring.  He will undoubtedly end up locked in James McCann's locker and left overnight.  

• Like 1

It might be in Lewick and Barbato's best interest to be nice to Logan, they could probably use many of Logan's Father's businesses to launder Adduci's money through.  

5 hours ago, kdog said:

Christian Stewart = DH (LOL)

Isaac Paredes = 3b (Who hid the Candy man?)

Top 100 has a 110, 113, 117, 129.  (No problem, ..just numbers!)

3 RHP with 50 FV, ..Tiger ranked #4 Manning w/ETA 2022, #5 Perez w/ETA 2021, #7 Burrows w/ETA 2019.  (Saving the best for last)

10 hours ago, kdog said:

no faedo.  i'd say paredes ends up at 2b.  but that's a more accurate list taking this last year into account.  daz and paredes being so high is really encouraging.

we got nothing for fiers but that's not unexpected.

6 hours ago, Tigrrfan said:

Christian Stewart = DH (LOL)

Isaac Paredes = 3b (Who hid the Candy man?)

Top 100 has a 110, 113, 117, 129.  (No problem, ..just numbers!)

3 RHP with 50 FV, ..Tiger ranked #4 Manning w/ETA 2022, #5 Perez w/ETA 2021, #7 Burrows w/ETA 2019.  (Saving the best for last)

I didn't understand a word you said. 

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

no faedo.  i'd say paredes ends up at 2b.  but that's a more accurate list taking this last year into account.  daz and paredes being so high is really encouraging.

we got nothing for fiers but that's not unexpected.

3B for paredes makes a lot of sense, given what we hear about his body type. He may not have the range for the middle infield, right? Jeimer seems like a decent candidate to move to first anyway, with Cabrera probably not there much longer. 

We didn’t get much for Fiers, but both of guys have a decent enough chance to be something. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Why LOL?  Christin is not a good OF and probably should be a DH.

If you say so.

I'd prefer Miggy become the full time DH.

4 minutes ago, Tigrrfan said:

If you say so.

I'd prefer Miggy become the full time DH.

Presumably the person making the list is listing their opinion of the prospect's best long term position in the majors, as opposed to the position they would play today based on the current needs of the organization.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Presumably the person making the list is listing their opinion of the prospect's best long term position in the majors, as opposed to the position they would play today based on the current needs of the organization.

That's right.

Faedo was ranked 15. Gerber is the oddest rank on this list. I hope he's awesome.

I’d have to guess that gerber gets some sort of bump because he has made it to the majors already and has defensive versatility. Maybe he gets credit for being a high floor guy, with guys behind him being more boom or bust. It does seem odd to see him ranked so highly. 

39 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Of course! 

Still, ..not very often you see any prospect listed at DH.

6 minutes ago, Tigrrfan said:

Of course! 

Still, ..not very often you see any prospect listed at DH.

That’s because it is rare for a player to be so bad at defense while still young enough to be a prospect. 

Willie Calhoun and Seth beer are also listed as DH on fangraphs.