kdog

Fiers traded to Oakland for 2 PTBNL or cash

15 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Wow.  I never thought to search for video of this legendary incident.  I wonder if I can find video of Bert’s 6 runs in one game?

Search for "Brandon Inge - Salami and a half"

You really really have to enjoy baseball history to like that video.  

9 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

Yeah, I was kind of a fan then - loved Hammerin' Hank and the Niekro brothers.   I remembered Garr's one big year but didn't realize he had a pretty nice career with a 7 year peak WAR of 41.6.

Garr's career WAR was 14.8.

Oddly enough he had 2 seasons where his WAR was at least 5, which is pretty remarkable given he was largely a replacement level player in his other seasons.

3 hours ago, tiger337 said:

You really really have to enjoy base history to like that video.  

I think one of the pictures shown as Hal Trosky's was actually Bob Feller, but not 100% sure.

the trade is complete:

The Tigers have acquired right-hander Logan Shore from the Athletics as a Player To Be Named Later(Mike Fiers trade), according to the team.

Logan Shore was born into a wealthy family and has lived a life of privilege.  He went to all the best schools, never applied himself though.  He was your stereotypical frat boy,  handsome and shallow and good at sports, but more interested in partying and his corvette.  He knew his father's name and fortune would carry him through life and he never worked a day in his life.  He happens to be a gifted baseball talent, but he doesn't need the money so doesn't get the most out of his potential.  He thinks all the women love him, but they only want his family money.  He is basically a huge douche.  The Deuce is going to own this jerk.  

• Like 1

I posted this in another thread but probably more appropriate here.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I was expecting cash.

Even if they weren't dead Norm or Ron would be too old to be playing still.

• Like 1

13) Logan Shore, RHP, Grade B-/C+: Age 23, second round pick in 2016 from University of Florida; missed time with lat strain, 4.45 ERA in 91 innings between High-A and Double-A, 74/21 K/BB, 103 hits; I felt he was capable of better; Texas League observers lukewarm, stock down some.

SB Nation

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

Logan Shore was born into a wealthy family and has lived a life of privilege.  He went to all the best schools, never applied himself though.  He was your stereotypical frat boy,  handsome and shallow and good at sports, but more interested in partying and his corvette.  He knew his father's name and fortune would carry him through life and he never worked a day in his life.  He happens to be a gifted baseball talent, but he doesn't need the money so doesn't get the most out of his potential.  He thinks all the women love him, but they only want his family money.  He is basically a huge douche.  The Deuce is going to own this jerk.  

I hate guys like that.  You know, the whole thing with the ascot.  He sounds like the guy that everyone on the team is going to hate.

Sounds like a guy who lives in a neighborhood where people jog.