kdog

Fiers traded to Oakland for 2 PTBNL or cash

1 hour ago, cruzer1 said:

I'm guessing, way out of left field, but I think that Greg Deichmann will be part of the deal.  He's a 23 year old right fielder who has been injured with a wrist injury much of the year, but he was drafted in the 2nd round in '17 from LSU.

That would be good but reading about him it seems maybe too good to be true. Probably someone like Tyler Rameriez ish would be my very wild guess.

I'm hoping it's 2 more light hitting middle infielders.  You can never get enough of those guys in the organization because they are hard to find.

My cousin was a baby to be named later.  Her parents didn't decide upon a name, or at least didn't announce it, until her 1st birthday. Her grandfather called her No-Name in the meantime.

8 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I hope that is a decent list because  PTBNLs sounds like pretty much nothing. 

Bonderman was a PTBNL

2 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Bonderman was a PTBNL

That's why I've always tried to get you banned from here, because you're such a freaking optimist.

Just now, Charles Liston said:

That's why I've always tried to get you banned from here, because you're such a freaking optimist.

I hope they trade you. For cash. Or nothing. 

12 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I hope they trade you. For cash. Or nothing. 

OK don't believe me.  Ask MWG.  Ask him how many PM's he's had from me over the years, probably more than 100, begging him to ban you.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Bonderman was a PTBNL

that's true. He was one of the 'illegal' ones wasn't he?

27 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

OK don't believe me.  Ask MWG.  Ask him how many PM's he's had from me over the years, probably more than 100, begging him to ban you.

Yoda will never be banned because he has embarrassing information (even more than the stuff we already know) about Biff 

56 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Bonderman was a PTBNL

so were kyle kessel, noochie varner, jose cordoba, and roberto novoa.

10 minutes ago, Buddha said:

and don't forget Brad Gulden

25 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Jorge Cordova really was a PTBNL.  You gave him a new name 16 years later.  

• Like 1

A week ago people were complaining about Avila not trading Fiers, saying that a lottery ticket or low level prospect would be better than nothing.   Now when he does trade him for something people still complain. 

It's almost like they think Mike Fiers is Roger Clemens or something. Ask yourself if we were buyers at the deadline would you want our GM to give up quality prospect(s) for Mike Fiers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

A week ago people were complaining about Avila not trading Fiers, saying that a lottery ticket or low level prospect would be better than nothing.   Now when he does trade him for something people still complain. 

It's almost like they think Mike Fiers is Roger Clemens or something. Ask yourself if we were buyers at the deadline would you want our GM to give up quality prospect(s) for Mike Fiers?

Nope. Well, I’d be really nervous he’d pull a Washburn and fall apart.

Remember when Dickie Noles was traded to the Tigers for a PTBNL and a month later he was the PTBNL and traded back to the Cubs?

john macdonald was one of those guys I'd see on the scoreboard and think "Man... that guys a dork.  He was probably his high school's greatest player oo"

2 hours ago, Oblong said:

john macdonald was one of those guys I'd see on the scoreboard and think "Man... that guys a dork.  He was probably his high school's greatest player oo"

Well, as much as we like to say this guy sucks or this guy isn't any good, they did play in the major leagues...so they have to have some kind of skill.  These guys are the best players in the world.

I played at a small college one year so I would humbly say that I was one of my high school's best players, and let's just say John McDonald or any of these other "scrubs" in the majors would put my skills to shame.  It's a totally different level than what any of us are used to.

And some guys like Donnie Kelly are considered “not very good” by their high school teammates (to be fair that team also included jack Wilson).  Then they go to a community college and develop a bit more and become legends like DK. 

6 minutes ago, Shelton said:

And some guys like Donnie Kelly are considered “not very good” by their high school teammates (to be fair that team also included jack Wilson).  Then they go to a community college and develop a bit more and become legends like DK. 

Does that ever happen with attorneys?

1 minute ago, diaspora04 said:

Does that ever happen with attorneys?

I’m pretty sure you are jack Wilson in this analogy. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

DK is my Tiger

In the end, shouldn’t we be asking who is your DK?

Just now, Shelton said:

I’m pretty sure you are jack Wilson in this analogy. 

Metaphor, I believe.