six-hopper

Will the Tigers roar over 64?

Not too long ago, it appeared to be a certainty that the 2018 Tigers would wind up with more wins than the 2017 team's tied-for-worst-in-the-Majors 64.  Now, not so much.  They have to go at least 22-37 the rest of the way to reach 65 victories.  The way things are going -- like 7-23 in their last 30 games -- it is quite possible that they won't.

13 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

Not too long ago, it appeared to be a certainty that the 2018 Tigers would wind up with more wins than the 2017 team's tied-for-worst-in-the-Majors 64.  Now, not so much.  They have to go at least 22-37 the rest of the way to reach 65 victories.  The way things are going, it is quite possible that they won't.

So did someone knock on the outhouse door halfway through your thought?

Tigers are 14-36 in their last 50 games. If they continue at that pace the rest of the year, they'll finish at 61-101.  

6 minutes ago, bobrob2004 said:

Tigers are 14-36 in their last 50 games. If they continue at that pace the rest of the year, they'll finish at 61-101.  

and they are 5-22 in their last 27 road games as well as 15-44 in their last 59 road games.   They have 18 road games left, including 4 at NYY, 3 at Clev, 5 at Minn and 3 at Mil.  That could be 2-13 or something like that.

4 minutes ago, kj2018 said:

and they are 5-22 in their last 27 road games as well as 15-44 in their last 59 road games.   They have 18 road games left, including 4 at NYY, 3 at Clev, 5 at Minn and 3 at Mil.  That could be 2-13 or something like that.

Especially if they don't hit with RISP

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bobrob2004 said:

that would be a .376 pace, which puts us neck and neck with the Palehose for 3&4 worst. Would still have to do a lot worse to catch KC (113  loss pace) or Baltimore (114  loss pace)

10 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Especially if they don't hit with RISP

You are wise beyond your peers.  :) 

19 hours ago, bobrob2004 said:

I wish I’d read this post earlier because I figured this up on my own — counting on my fingers and my toes because it was really hard — and got the same results. It will take a small miracle for them to lose only 99 games and avoid the symbolic anathema of a 100-loss season but I am banking on it. 

I expect God to intervene with the small miracle of two rain outs that are not worth making up because nothing is riding on them. 

I expect the payback for this “favor” to be something on the lines of missing out on drafting Mike Trout and drafting someone like Matt Bush instead, because God hates the Tigers as much as Keith Law. 

4 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I wish I’d read this post earlier because I figured this up on my own — counting on my fingers and my toes because it was really hard — and got the same results. It will take a small miracle for them to lose only 99 games and avoid the symbolic anathema of a 100-loss season but I am banking on it. 

I expect God to intervene with the small miracle of two rain outs that are not worth making up because nothing is riding on them. 

I expect the payback for this “favor” to be something on the lines of missing out on drafting Mike Trout and drafting someone like Matt Bush instead, because God hates the Tigers as much as Keith Law. 

Your faith is well-placed.  There will be several Acts of God between now and the end of September - mysterious plagues, and unexpected deaths that somehow indirectly affect the final standings.  It was all laid out in a book of prophecies that didn't make the final cut at the Council of Nicaea in 325, so it's not in The Bible.  But that was all greaseball ****, and there wasn't nothing that we could do about it.

• Like 1

The Tigers will probably not lose 100 -- they'd have to lose ten out of their last eleven to do that -- but Ron Illadvisedhire's club's   beating Brad Ausmus's team's 2017 record is still far from a sure thing.  The Tigers need to go 4-7 or better in the last eleven games to do that.