RandyMarsh

Michigan recruitment 2018/19

Just now, Buddha said:

solomon transferring there too.

Yeah, noticed that.   

Crouch makes it official with Tennessee.  On an unrelated note even though we all figured this Shea confirms he will be back next year. 

In honor of the return of the great Shea Patterson to the finest football program in all of the Washtenaw County, I would like to announce my return to the finest sub-forum of the college sports forum of the Motown Sports forum.   

Much has happened in the 5 years since I was regular contributor and I have been completely out of touch with the site.  I came on the other day on a total whim and I was happy to see it seems like the same place and the same great people.   

I am not sure what my posting future holds since I’m now married and also a dad, but in the words of the non-unanimous 3rd team All Big 10 QB, I’m going to come in ready to work because I’m coming for everything next season. 

For the record there wasn’t any one reason why I left.  It certainly wasn’t that I couldn’t troll UM fans because the program was better than USC.  If I had to guess there were probably somewhere between 39 and 62 different real life reasons that I left and not being a UM troll was not any of them.    

2 hours ago, Hongbit said:

In honor of the return of the great Shea Patterson

You won't find much collegiate fan trolling remaining on the board in any direction. M fans are busy enough dumping on our program ourselves and we have only a couple of people that ever post about MSU  at all anymore.

As  for Patterson, I was actually hoping to see what McCaffrey had next season. 

I don't know if it was the play calling or Shea - but they seemed to lose confidence for trying to stretch the field at the end (Ind/OSU). Didn't like seeing ( or not seeing ) that.

20 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

You won't find much collegiate fan trolling remaining on the board in any direction. M fans are busy enough dumping on our program ourselves and we have only a couple of people that ever post about MSU  at all anymore.

I don't know if it was the play calling or Shea - but they seemed to lose confidence for trying to stretch the field at the end (Ind/OSU). Didn't like seeing ( or not seeing ) that.

don't feed the bonghit troll.

8 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I thought the same thing. I'm sure Pep had a lot to do with it, but Shea had zero time pretty much all day. A good OC would have been able to scheme something else to buy more time. 

8 hours ago, Buddha said:

don't feed the bonghit troll.

Thanks for the warm welcome back to the board, mon ami!   

I think Rich Rod was your coach the last time that I had bong hits.  I also think those RR teams all probably had better offensive talent than this year.   OL was bad, WR not great, TE not up to typical standards.  Higdon and Shea were the only bright spots.   

10 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

The QB room does seem pretty full.  Milton showed that he had a 120mm Rheinmetall l55 cannon for an arm in the (of course) INT he threw against OSU.   Shea might be the Brian Griese to the Brady and Henson of this crew.  

Now imagine the exodus of kids from the stinking pile of loserdom that the Alabama program proved itself to be last night.  

2 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

Now imagine the exodus of kids from the stinking pile of loserdom that the Alabama program proved itself to be last night.  

tell you what, any team in the NFL would have been glad to swap their entire receiver core for Clemson's last night. As a group that was a pretty unreal performance. 

Michigan reportedly offered a scholarship to a 7th grade QB from Southfield.   Hopefully we will have a win vs. Ohio State by the time he gets to campus. 

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2019 at 9:19 PM, RandyMarsh said:

Michigan reportedly offered a scholarship to a 7th grade QB from Southfield.   Hopefully we will have a win vs. Ohio State by the time he gets to campus. 

This is Harbaugh hedging his bets. If he doesn't have a win against the Buckeyes by then, this kid is going to be Harbaugh's secret weapon to get that win against OSU. 😏

On 1/15/2019 at 9:19 PM, RandyMarsh said:

I always find these stories to be a bit overblown. I don’t really care about the details so I have not read a thing about it, but the sense I have gotten from similar stories in the past is that these types of things are very common but just not reported in the same way. 

“I want you come play for Michigan” turns into “scholarship offered!”

Of course, I could just read the story. I’m just skeptical about getting an accurate description about what happened. 

On 1/17/2019 at 12:14 PM, Shelton said:

I always find these stories to be a bit overblown. I don’t really care about the details so I have not read a thing about it, but the sense I have gotten from similar stories in the past is that these types of things are very common but just not reported in the same way. 

“I want you come play for Michigan” turns into “scholarship offered!”

Of course, I could just read the story. I’m just skeptical about getting an accurate description about what happened. 

I would imagine it's "as long as you stay out of trouble, keep your grades up, and perform on the field you have a scholarship offer!" so not really a current offer at all 

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Does anyone know the rules regarding withdrawing a scholarship?

before or after a letter of intent? Before signing a scholarship offer can be withdrawn by the institution (though it's bad PR for the school with other recruits). Once the letter of intent is signed the school must provide one academic year, though some conferencess are instituting more scholarship guarantees. For instance four yrs ago the B10 began guaranteeing scholarships as long as students remain in good standing.

Any student-athlete recruited to a Big Ten institution through the offer of an athletic scholarship will be guaranteed the following throughout the course of their enrollment:

• The scholarship will neither be reduced nor cancelled provided he or she remains a member in good standing with the community, the university and the athletics department.

• If a student-athlete's pursuit of an undergraduate degree is interrupted for a bona fide reason, that student-athlete may return to the institution at any time to complete his or her degree with the assistance of an athletic scholarship.

according to this article, the NCAA began allowing multi-year scholarship commitments a few years before the B10 came out with this

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/governing-bodies/big-ten-becomes-first-power-conference-to-guarantee-scholarships.html 

more stuff here

http://www.nationalletter.org/documentLibrary/administrativeGuidelines.pdf

Michigan finished 8th, 9th and 10th in 247, ESPN and rivals respectively.  Finished atop the big 10 in all of them as well.   

we just got the  DE Braiden McGregor’

• Like 1

let the parade of 3* recruits begin!

does don brown know he's allowed to recruit from parts of the country not located in the "hotbed" of football known as the northeast?

On 5/11/2019 at 10:11 PM, Deleterious said:

Long ways off since he is in the 2021 class.  But the #2 pro style QB prospect and 19th overall prospect.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&PositionGroup=QB

I wonder who Harbaugh will transfer in to start over this kid since he likes everybody's QB's but the ones he has on the team and actually recruited.

16 minutes ago, Buddha said:

let the parade of 3* recruits begin!

does don brown know he's allowed to recruit from parts of the country not located in the "hotbed" of football known as the northeast?

These are the leaders and best of the three-stars tho.