Keepleyland2

7/15, 7/16, 7/17 Futures, Derby, All-Star game thread

Faedo at Erie 7 IP, 3H, 0R, 1BB, 3K

Funkhouser at Toledo 6IP, 5H, 2 ER 5BB, 5K

@jwagnerblade

Funkhouser in 6.0 IP for @MudHens: 26 batters (13 1st-pitch strikes) 99 pitches, 54 strikes (16 swing) 9 3-ball count (5 BB) 5 H (0 HR) 2 R 5 K (5 0-2 count)

• Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 12:52 AM, IdahoBert said:

They’ve taken something that was great and ruined it. It used to be like a special, once-a-year premium ice cream served only on the 4th of July (or Canada Day).  Now it’s crystallized, artificially flavoured, pus-colored, non-dairy ice milk hawked by creepy freak show carnival barkers who smell like stale urine, cheap booze, and even cheaper women. Grrrr.

Grumpfart.

There's a lot of momentum in discussions among players, union chief Tony Clark says, towards having a DH in the National League as well as the American League

They’ve taken something that was great and ruined it. It used to be like a special, once-a-year premium ice cream served only on the 4th of July (or Canada Day).  Now it’s crystallized, artificially flavoured, pus-colored, non-dairy ice milk hawked by creepy freak show carnival barkers who smell like stale urine, cheap booze, and even cheaper women. Grrrr.

Naaaa you just got old.

7 hours ago, kdog said:

There's a lot of momentum in discussions among players, union chief Tony Clark says, towards having a DH in the National League as well as the American League

Stupid sentence.

I’d love for nothing more than to see Funkhouser become a dominant player for the tigers. 

1 minute ago, thefunk said:

I’d love for nothing more than to see Funkhouser become a dominant player for the tigers. 

I watched a couple of innings of him last night.

8 minutes ago, Tigrrfan said:

"...as well as the American League."

Uh ..no kidding!

Duh!

Sorry.  I'm a little slow tonight.

Hey, look!  The prospect Dumbrowski sent for Alfredo Simon is playing tonight.

I’m surprisingly ok with watching this graveyard of former Tigers parade around in the All Star game. We had our chance. Blew it. 

I just hope we can do it right now that we’re back in the doldrums and set ourselves up for maybe another decade of relevance in the not too distant future.

just remember, baseball is weird. Nobody expected 2006, and once we got to the series it kept snowballing from there, sans the hiccup that was 2008. 

It’ll happen. Have faith.

Jimenez got squeezed on the low fastball but was gifted strike 3 on that slider.

I was not a fan of the AS/WS connection.. & the HR derby had grown stale.. but I like the changes this year. 

Good for Joe not only getting in the game (which I didn't think was going to happen) but to do what he's supposed to and strike out a good hitter

1 hour ago, TigerNation said:

What is Twitter saying?

Who?

Joe Jiminez is the worst all-star ever

etc etc

Its funny when it comes philly and cubs fans that not that long ago were in the exact same spot. (to be fair some others of those fan bases told those people that he's not some 34 year old having a career year)

Alex Bregman as MVP?  Why?  Because of timing?  He was 1 for 3 with 1 HR, 1 K, and 2 LOB.  Meanwhile Jean Segura was 2 for 2 with 2 HRs and 0 Ks and 0 LOB.  Joe Jimenez struck out everybody he faced.  I am outraged and will boycott all MLB games today in protest.

Josh "Hater".     Yeah, apologize now but saying you were 17 is no excuse.   17 is old enough to know right from wrong with being a racist.     You're getting what you deserve, idiot.    Go work for Trump or something then you can celebrate the KKK all you want.   

Not that I ever condone using the n word but from the tweets I saw it didn't appear like he was using it in a racial tone or that he is racist, it was more in the tone that teens tend to speak nowadays where they call each other things like "my n****a".