Keepleyland2

7/11 @12:10 Detroit Tigers vs Tampa Rays

13 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

This one is on Gardenhire, JZ was gassed after coaxing that pop-out.

maybe he passed out again

To his credit, victor hit that one hard, quite the play by the LF to take away a run.  Tigers are 0fer with RISP again today.  Story of their swoon, which is soon to be 4-17, with 3 at Houston and 3 home to Boston up next.  

1 minute ago, kj2018 said:

To his credit, victor hit that one hard, quite the play by the LF to take away a run.  Tigers are 0fer with RISP again today.  Story of their swoon, which is soon to be 4-17, with 3 at Houston and 3 home to Boston up next.  

Shockingly, they aren’t good. 

3 minutes ago, kj2018 said:

The LF made a nice play but it was a bloop more than a line drive.

Boy ,this team is inept on the road, and they just cannot hit, period.  

When the wheels fell off, they have really fallen off.  I guess it just took longer than a lot of people thought for this kind of stretch to take place

4 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Martinez sucks.

I think that's why you always see a red circle around DH on the lineup card. It's a friendly reminder to Gardy that his DH sucks.

17 minutes ago, kj2018 said:

Boy ,this team is inept on the road, and they just cannot hit, period.  

When the wheels fell off, they have really fallen off.  I guess it just took longer than a lot of people thought for this kind of stretch to take place

I think the home and road splits are more or less normalized. They are bad in all venues..as expected.

1 hour ago, kdog said:

Listening to the minor league tracker podcast. They assert that we're keeping Victor around as a 'pay it forward' moment.

I question that humiliating him by putting him out there to fail is somehow paying it forward. The merciful thing to do is release him, pay him his money, and say some BS like "we hope a contender who appreciates his leadership and pinch hitting skills picks him up" .600 OPS DH. Ugly.

31 minutes ago, kdog said:

I think the home and road splits are more or less normalized. They are bad in all venues..as expected.

Actually, they are still over .500 at home, with a 25-23 mark. That is even with them going 2-6 in their last 8 home games. The road though, they are now 15-32, so there is still a wide discrepancy,

3 minutes ago, kj2018 said:

Actually, they are still over .500 at home, with a 25-23 mark. That is even with them going 2-6 in their last 8 home games. The road though, they are now 15-32, so there is still a wide discrepancy,

There are still 70 games left for things to even out. The focus on road hitting/struggles isn't going to mean anything when they have 90+ losses.

The team is now on a 68 win pace which is what I believe they were pegged at to start the season.    Honestly right now I think I may take the under on that just because I don't see many guys that I think can be that much better then they are performing.