Keepleyland2

7/11 @12:10 Detroit Tigers vs Tampa Rays

If they’re being beaten on the road by Tampa Bay like this, I fear for what could potentially happen in Houston on the road as well.  I would be basically happy if they won this game, and one of the three games against Houston. 

Wait.  Wait just a minute.  Billy Monbouquette wasn't on the Red Sox after 1965?  And he pitched for the Tigers in 1966 when, I guess, I was in some sort of medically-induced coma for the entire season, when I was 14?  Oh, OK, if you say so.   

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

If they’re being beaten on the road by Tampa Bay like this, I fear for what could potentially happen in Houston on the road as well.  I would be basically happy if they won this game, and one of the three games against Houston. 

I didn't realize we played Houston next, JV pitched tonight so I'm guessing that means we will get to see him on Sunday.   That kinda sucks with him pitching on Sunday that he won't be eligible to pitch in the ASG.  I was kinda hoping that we may see a starting match up of him vs. Max just so I could get tortured by their losses more.  

Tune in at Noon for the Tiger sticks to lay the wood to this Hunter character.

**Totally unrelated to baseball - I don't know if anyone else remembers Johnny Unitas doing commentary on NFL games back in the 70s.   My best friend and I used to laugh and laugh at his repeated use of that term "he really laid the wood to him there" after a good hit.   RIP JohnnyU - a great player.

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Martinez sucks.

Gardy could invent new strategy to match this "opener" business and PH TheDeuce for VMart in the 1st if someone gets on.

3 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

I didn't know this Wood character was a hippie.    

And we all know the Tigers can't hit hippies.

1st & 3rd 2 out.....and VMart check swing  dribbles one to the pitcher.

Gardy should have used my idea.

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Martinez sucks.

As he bounces out to the pitcher to end yet another rally.  

I can't even look at Vmart anymore...how does he even drag his busted a$$ out there with any pride day to day?  Someone has to make a move, be it him or the org....juts pay him and cut bait, put Nick in as DH or something idk....just be done with it. smh.

Dan and Jim were tallying up his stats, and how bad he has been during his at bat,  They basically said the tigers lineup cannot afford to have a player hitting so poorly in the middle of their lineup.  Gave some stats on how long since his last HR,  Basically said that if Chris Davis was not playing this year, that he would be the worst hitter (as he does not contribute on the bases or in the field) in the AL

Mahtook should have pulled off.    I think his time is about up.   Next prospect please.

0-0 after 2.

Listening to the minor league tracker podcast. They assert that we're keeping Victor around as a 'pay it forward' moment.

2 minutes ago, kdog said:

Listening to the minor league tracker podcast. They assert that we're keeping Victor around as a 'pay it forward' moment.

Could be.   I attribute it more to a desire to lose by the front office.  They can mask it behind respect, etc but him being terrible helps them out for draft position.