Sign in to follow this  
gmoney

According to WAR, the Tigers top players are...

1. Castellanos 2.0

2. Martin 1.8

3. Jones 1.7

Amazin!

Martinez -1.2

Machado -0.8

i have been chastized about saying anything about Victor, so ....   he just hits into a DP.  Victor is useless

You've been chastised because we have already heard it million times already.

I can't speak for others, but on some level I find it insulting.  I know I am not the brightest person going, but I am not so stupid as to need to be told the same thing that many times for me to know your opinion on the topic.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I can't speak for others, but on some level I find it insulting.  I know I am not the brightest person going, but I am not so stupid as to need to be told the same thing that many times for me to know your opinion on the topic.

Just don’t forget that Ajax sucks. 

Where is Jordan Zimmermann in this.    I think since coming back from his injury his ERA something like 1.80   In his last 6 starts it's something like 1.22 with a WHIP of 0.70       His season-long WHIP is 1.047, best in his career.     Seems like his WAR would be higher than 0.8

I just checked fangraphs and Zimm was worth 1.6 according to them. I also noticed that he was worth over a win each of the last 2 seasons which kinda surprised me.

I guess I underestimated how bad replacement pitchers are. 

18 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I just checked fangraphs and Zimm was worth 1.6 according to them. I also noticed that he was worth over a win each of the last 2 seasons which kinda surprised me.

Most do.  

3 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

THEY SHOULD OF NEVER SINED HIM TO CONTRACT EXTENSHUN BUT DUMBROWSKI IS STUPID AND THE OLD MAN ILLITCH HAD SO MUCH MONEY FROM ALL OF THOSE CRAPPY PIZZAS AND THEN THEY SINE THAT STUPID SMART SCHOOL ASMUNCH AND ALL HE DO IS LET SLEEPY LAMONT SLEEP IN THE DUGOUT WHEN HE WASNT OUT IN HIS STUPID SERFBOARD AND THEN THEY FORGET TO TELL HUNTER TO CATCH THE BALL WILE HE FELL OVER THE FENCE IN BOSTON BUT DADDY ALWAS TELL US TO MAKE THE PLAY THEN FALL DOWN.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gmoney said:

1. Castellanos 2.0

2. Martin 1.8

3. Jones 1.7

Amazin!

Martinez -1.2

Machado -0.8

Sabermetrics is still trying to come up with an adequate calculation for the effects of Deuce.

10 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Sabermetrics is still trying to come up with an adequate calculation for the effects of Deuce.

I believe it is based on the Kama Sutra.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Casimir said:

5 years from now the go to stat will be WBA(wins below Adduci), the lower the number the better. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

That's according to FanGraphs, which uses FIP in their WAR calculation.  Zimmermann's ERA was worse than his FIP, which made his WAR seem better.  According to Baseball-Reference, Zimmermann's WAR the past 2 years was 0.4 and 0.3, basically replacement-level.  

1 hour ago, bobrob2004 said:

That's according to FanGraphs, which uses FIP in their WAR calculation.  Zimmermann's ERA was worse than his FIP, which made his WAR seem better.  According to Baseball-Reference, Zimmermann's WAR the past 2 years was 0.4 and 0.3, basically replacement-level.  

Come on, man, quit raining on the Zimmermann parade.  If he doesn't get the Cy Young Award, it will be your fault.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

grumpfart

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobrob2004 said:

That’s according to baseball reference. 

16 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Well maybe that's not what the rest of us think.

On 7/10/2018 at 7:14 AM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I know I am not the brightest person going, 

Damn - I feel bad for Biggs after no one argued this.  So I will.

I know people that are not as bright as Biggs.

39 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I am an above replacement level ***hole.

This topic deserves its own thread.