Keepleyland2

7/8 @1:10 p.m. Texas Rangers vs Detroit Tigers

18 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Gotta love how Salvador Perez and his .630 OPS made the All Star team.  I know every team needs a representative and the catcher position is weak but that is still pretty embarrassing.  

Well you use electronics and fancy editing to pass yourself off as Lorde.  THAT'S embarrassing !

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Austin Jackson was never that good a ballplayer.

He teased at being a great ballplayer. He put up that 26 Rdrs in his second year and then came back the next  with the 850 OPS so the tease was what if he put that D and O together? But he never did/has. For lack of a better explanation I've always just assumed the hamstring injury became a nagging chronic thing, took his speed and his D and maybe whatever power to drive the ball he had showed. Or maybe  '11-'12  were just flukey for him - some of his BaBIPs were  out of line.

I do remember defending him a lot for not diving, I always thought his basket catching ability made it less important to his game compared to a guy uncomfortable catching a ball underhanded.  

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

I noticed Eugenio Suarez made the all-star team. He's had a nice career so far in Cincinnati. What a terrible trade that turned out to be.

That was just horrible, and I think that everybody here said so at that time.  Not because we had a big emotional investment in Suarez, I don't think that that was the case.  It was just the revulsion that everybody felt about trading a potentially sort-of-useful guy for someone who had managed to get himself accused of manslaughter and rape on two separate occasions,  and who was going to be 34 years old.  Definitely not Dave's finest hour. 

Yeah if I remember correctly when the trade was first leaked on twitter all it said was that we were getting a starting pitcher from the Reds but it didn't say who.  Because it said that we were rumored to be given up Suarez and Crawford(who was a 1st round pick just a year prior) most people assumed it was going to be for Cueto or maybe Homer Bailey who was still good at that point,  when it came out that the pitcher was Simon I think it was basically disgust among everybody.   

Plus Simon wasn't even that good the year before despite having been an all star.  As I recall his good season was tied to having an unsustainably low BABIP.

8 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Or maybe  '11-'12  were just flukey for him - some of his BaBIPs were  out of line.

Yeah, his good O was tied to a high BABIP.

9 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Yeah if I remember correctly when the trade was first leaked on twitter all it said was that we were getting a starting pitcher from the Reds but it didn't say who.  Because it said that we were rumored to be given up Suarez and Crawford(who was a 1st round pick just a year prior) most people assumed it was going to be for Cueto or maybe Homer Bailey who was still good at that point,  when it came out that the pitcher was Simon I think it was basically disgust among everybody.   

That was also the year Fister was traded. I remember Dombrowski getting skewered for that trade. Turns out had he kept Ray, that would have been a good trade. I was a fan of Suarez and wanted to keep him and trade Castellanos who was a more highly regarded prospect at the time and could fetch a better player. Suarez has turned out to be very similar to Castellanos. He's also locked into a team friendly contract whereas Castellanos will command a much larger contract. It seems like Dombrowski lost his way a little bit towards the end. 

They really couldn't score against this clown yesterday? 

justin-bieber-2015-justin-bieber-39007163-1922-2500.jpg

Fire Ausmus.