Keepleyland2

7/8 @1:10 p.m. Texas Rangers vs Detroit Tigers

11 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Despite the irrational hatred some people have for Austin Jackson, he's had a pretty decent career, with lifetime WAR rivaling that of Oscar Gamble, Howard Johnson, Bret Boone, Matt Kemp ... and Jim Northrup. I hope he has something left in the tank and passes all these guys comfortably.

Who hates Austin? I haven't seen a whole lot of dislike from the fanbase....unless I missed something?

Stumpy loads the bases then gets the GiDP.

3-0 7.5 in.

2 more chances El Tigres!!

2 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Austin Jackson sucks

Well that's just irrational.

25 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Who hates Austin? I haven't seen a whole lot of dislike from the fanbase....unless I missed something?

You have your answer. :grin:

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

You have your answer. :grin:

I guess so, alrighty then.

When should we start to worry about Candalario?    Is he just slumping a bit and hitting that "rookie wall" or is he settling into the player that he likely is?  Which is a low 700s OPS guy who can play solid D.  While that player certainly has value it's nowhere near the plus player that we thought we might have had in our stable for the foreseeable future.  

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

When should we start to worry about Candalario?    Is he just slumping a bit and hitting that "rookie wall" or is he settling into the player that he likely is?  Which is a low 700s OPS guy who can play solid D.  While that player certainly has value it's nowhere near the plus player that we thought we might have had in our stable for the foreseeable future.  

I'd worry in late May/early June of next year.   I think he needs this year for experience, this winter and next spring to adjust.   Then let's see how he looks.

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Seeing as how he's pretty much, maybe, the only guy I'd still like to see on the team 3-4 years from now...I'm getting mildly worried.  

2 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Seeing as how he's pretty much, maybe, the only guy I'd still like to see on the team 3-4 years from now...I'm getting mildly worried.  

I don't think the Candy Man is healthy. folks.  I think his wrist is bothering him still and will for the rest of this season.  Perhaps he should just go ahead and get the surgery now and be ready for Spring Training.   

• Like 1

Joe Jimenez has been named to the all star team as the Tigers lone rep.

28 minutes ago, kdog said:

Joe Jimenez has been named to the all star team as the Tigers lone rep.

Not a huge surprise - no one here is posting at an AS level this year.

The ranger's starter had the highest line drive rate in the AL and he baffles us. Tells you how bad this team is.

14 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

The ranger's starter had the highest line drive rate in the AL and he baffles us. Tells you how bad this team is.

Yeah, that hadn't happened in 10 years.

30 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Yeah, that hadn't happened in 10 years.

I never disliked Austin Jackson.   His 9th inning catch in the Unperfect Game was one of the greatest plays I have ever seen.   He willed himself to that ball.   Austin's always been a class act,  always represented the Tigers top notch and his departure in mid-inning on the trade deadline day is one of the strangest moments I  have ever seen in a baseball game.    I wish the guy nothing but success.    And he replace maybe my all time favorite Tiger Curtis Granderson.   

(and yes, I know Unperfect isn't a word).  

Looking at the All-Star roster it makes me believe that if the Tigers had hired an experienced manager,  a better manager, than Brad Ausmus, we might have seen two more playoff appearances.   

Austin Jackson was never that good a ballplayer.

A majority to vast majority of players carry themselves with class and take their profession seriously.

I noticed Eugenio Suarez made the all-star team. He's had a nice career so far in Cincinnati. What a terrible trade that turned out to be.

Gotta love how Salvador Perez and his .630 OPS made the All Star team.  I know every team needs a representative and the catcher position is weak but that is still pretty embarrassing.