Keepleyland2

7/8 @1:10 p.m. Texas Rangers vs Detroit Tigers

Now that we've crossed the 40 win threshold i don't see anything that can stop this team.  When this game is over Bibens-Dirkx is going to wish that the clerks at Ellis Island were sober.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don’t even think twice about using the S-word right now. ****. 

12 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Stay safe on your travels.  Mom says Hi.  She knows that you have to go and check your bunker once a year to make sure that your ammo is all still there, but you know how she worries.  

10 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Sell?

11 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

81_Leach.jpg

I have a pet peeve with referring to left handed 1Bdudes as "infielder".  They are 1Bdude, end of story.  Infielder is a collective term.  Tom Brookens was an infielder.  Rick Leach was not.

Carry on.

35 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I have a pet peeve with referring to left handed 1Bdudes as "infielder".  They are 1Bdude, end of story.  Infielder is a collective term.  Tom Brookens was an infielder.  Rick Leach was not.

Carry on.

This is relatives week for me - Rick Leach's grandmother was a cousin to my grandmother or some such thing.  Either way I actually played catch/football with him at family reunions a few times back in the early 70s.  I've not seen him since but it does qualify as one of my few brushes with greatness outside of world famous baseball authors on MTS.

1 hour ago, LooseGoose said:

This is relatives week for me - Rick Leach's grandmother was a cousin to my grandmother or some such thing.  Either way I actually played catch/football with him at family reunions a few times back in the early 70s.  I've not seen him since but it does qualify as one of my few brushes with greatness outside of world famous baseball authors on MTS.

He was one of my coaches at fantasy camp

Profar ends the perfecto, the no-no and the shutout in one swing.

1-0 Rangers

Just now, Chili Mac Davis said:

What is wrong with Fulmer?

It's got to be location, his arm seems fine.

1 run in,  1 out.   runners on 2nd and 3rd I think.

2-0 Rangers.

Error on Hicks.   3-0 Rangers.

1 one out, Profar up.  1st and 3rd.

29 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

I think we got a lucky break.    The runner looked fine to me.

The batter clearly ran the first several steps on the grass. That's a no-no.

40 minutes ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

What is wrong with Fulmer?

Maybe he's simply not much better than average? At least not yet, because he's still developing. That makes dealing him a non-starter, because no way any contender empties out the top of their prospect chain for him this year.

Snippet from CBS Sports.....

The San Francisco Giants have decided to inject some youth into their roster.

On Sunday afternoon the Giants traded right-hander Cory Gearrin and outfielder Austin Jackson to the Texas Rangers as part of what amounts to a salary dump trade. Both teams have confirmed the deal. The full details:

• Rangers acquire: Gearrin, Jackson, pitching prospect Jason Bahr
  • Giants acquire: Cash or a player to be named later

In corresponding moves the Giants have called up youngsters Ray Black and Steven Duggar to replace Gearrin and Jackson. Black is a very hard throwing reliever and Duggar has been considered the team's center fielder of the future for a while now. He's hitting .272/.354/.421 in 78 Triple-A games this year.

Long story short, the Rangers bought a prospect by taking on roughly $5 million in salary owed to Jackson and Duggar. MLB.com ranks the 23-year-old Bahr as the 27th best prospect in San Francisco's system. Here's a snippet of their scouting report:

Despite the irrational hatred some people have for Austin Jackson, he's had a pretty decent career, with lifetime WAR rivaling that of Oscar Gamble, Howard Johnson, Bret Boone, Matt Kemp ... and Jim Northrup. I hope he has something left in the tank and passes all these guys comfortably.