six-hopper

The 2018 minor league performance of the guys we got for J.D. Martinez

10 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Genius tends to be misunderstood in its time.

I know, but fortunately I've learned to live with that.

Six-hopper starts too many threads, but he is OK.  The way he bounces between Joe Six Pack sports fan and entry level saber kind of grows on you.   

Those guys definitely have zero future in the majors.  Backup minor league infielders.

On 7/5/2018 at 12:22 AM, Shelton said:

How did we get so lucky for so many of the “refugees” to end up here?

Angela Merkel and Jerry Brown invited me.

• Thanks 1

Snippet from an Athletic article today with information pertinent to this thread:

Perhaps the replacement lies in the minor leagues, where Detroit has Dawel Lugo and Sergio Alcantara on its 40-man roster. Both players came over from Arizona in the J.D. Martinez trade last July.

Lugo, 23, has spent the season with Toledo as a second baseman and is batting .273 in 78 games (though he has a .283 on-base percentage). Alcantara, 21, is batting an identical .275 in 71 games as a shortstop for Double-A Erie (and currently owns a 10-game hit streak).

Five walks in 330 ABs?  That isn't a promising stat.  Can't see that working out too well against MLB pitchers.  Hopefully he can be more selective and develop doubles power.  

7 hours ago, six-hopper said:

Angela Merkel and Jerry Brown invited me.

And here we go . . . 

7 hours ago, gmoney said:

Five walks in 330 ABs?  That isn't a promising stat.  Can't see that working out too well against MLB pitchers.  Hopefully he can be more selective and develop doubles power.  

He has increased this number by 20% since this post. What else do you want him to do? 

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:08 AM, Walewander said:

He has increased this number by 20% since this post. What else do you want him to do? 

Problem solved.  He is developing a better eye at the plate even as I post this.

• Like 1