Sign in to follow this  
Motor City Sonics

The Deuce is Returning

Here's how it happened:

Avila:  Hello?

Jim:  I'm coming up.  Get rid of somebody.

Avila:  Right away Mr. Adduci.

• Like 3

They have two afternoon games in Chicago coming.  That gives him two full nights to explore the city.  

With Mahtook and Adduci both back, the World Series trophy is all but ours!

14 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

With Mahtook and Adduci both back, the World Series trophy is all but ours!

Good to see you getting on board the victory train!!

It'll be interesting to see how this effects the team.  On one hand Adduci is capable of carrying an offense by himself if he chooses, on the other hand he is capable of providing killer hangovers to the rest of the team when he chooses.  Not sure if it is wise to call him up while were playing day games.  

After the Bosio situation enough is enough.  That never would have happened with the deuce around to keep order. 

Bosio and Adduci Sr met for a few beers during spring training.  Actually, more than a few.  Adduci Sr taught him a lot about the young pitchers (he thinks he did anyway).  The old man thinks the Tigers treated Bosio unfairly.  "What?  You can't tell a joke anymore? I heard a lot worse when I played ball".  

1 hour ago, Charles Liston said:

Here's how it happened:

Avila:  Hello?

Jim:  I'm coming up.  Get rid of somebody.

Avila:  Right away Mr. Adduci.

It actually happened before yesterday's game.  That's what the team meeting was about yesterday.  They were immediately inspired when they heard the news.    

Best news of the year. 

Is Hicks going to start catching again?

14 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Best news of the year. 

Is Hicks going to start catching again?

Yes according to Gardy postgame.

So is The Duece playing first base?     He does not have a lot of experience there.  

How about The Deuce at DH and we call up Chad Huffman or Edwin Espinal to play first.   Then we'd have to release a hitter...........wonder who that could be.............

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

It'll be interesting to see how this effects the team.  On one hand Adduci is capable of carrying an offense by himself if he chooses, on the other hand he is capable of providing killer hangovers to the rest of the team when he chooses.  Not sure if it is wise to call him up while were playing day games.  

Jim Northrup reincarnated.

As has been pointed out in the past, Deuce never stays on first base very long.  

The Deuce is Loose. 

9 minutes ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

The Rally Deuce!!

That is pretty good.  It could be a thing.  

"So is the Deuce playing first base?  He does not have a lot of experience there."

The only experience you need to play first base is learning where to put your fingers in a mitt that doesn't have any.

52 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

"So is the Deuce playing first base?  He does not have a lot of experience there."

The only experience you need to play first base is learning where to put your fingers in a mitt that doesn't have any.

"Carlos Guillen made it look like rocket science."

Yes, he did.   He is the only Major Leaguer that I have ever seen -- and one of the very few people period -- who could not play first base at least adequately.  And given that he was a shortstop -- at least allegedly -- his ineptitude at first was astonishing.  Among other things, he had a tendency to put the wrong foot on the base, which not only prevented him from reaching or stretching toward the throw, but made it very awkward for him to receive even a throw that was right on the money.

I have coached a few little kids who needed to be shown which foot goes where at first base, but never a professional ballplayer.

Just now, six-hopper said:

"Carlos Guillen made it look like rocket science."

Yes, he did.   He is the only Major Leaguer that I have ever seen -- and one of the very few people period -- who could not play first base at least adequately.  And given that he was a shortstop -- at least allegedly -- his ineptitude at first was astonishing.  Among other things, he had a tendency to put the wrong foot on the base, which not only prevented him from reaching or stretching toward the throw, but made it very awkward for him to receive even a throw that was right on the money.

I have coached a few little kids who needed to be shown which foot goes where at first base, but never a professional ballplayer.

His footwork was abysmal.  We put a kid new to 1B out there for an inning last week (U10) and I ran the positioning and footwork by her quickly while she was throwing grounders to the infield.  She did just fine after the hastened tutorial.