Sydney_Fife

Pistons sign Glenn Robinson III

Nothing odd about that at all.

The world is filled to the brim with people who can't accurately assess their strengths and weaknesses.

6 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

the odd thing is that he *thinks* he is a long range shooter - >40% of the shots he takes are 3s.

Was that part of the game plan instructions or were those his decisions? 

48 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Was that part of the game plan instructions or were those his decisions? 

I guess we find out next season.

Like this signing a lot. Here is what I would like to see the depth chart look like right now (if our 2nd round picks/Ellenson show something in summer league, this might change). Though I am very concerned about the depth for our backup big-men. Leuer/Ellenson/Moreland is not a group that inspires confidence. If we can somehow move off one of our guards (Galloway) for a similar value player at the C slot, that would be ideal. Or I would like to see Stanley play some backup 4 minutes. 

PG - Jackson / Ish

SG- Bullock / Kennard

SF - Robinson / Johnson 

PF - Griffin / Leuer

C- Drummond / Moreland 

4 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Like this signing a lot. Here is what I would like to see the depth chart look like right now. Though I am very concerned about the depth for our backup big-men. Leuer/Ellenson/Moreland is not a group that inspires confidence. If we can somehow move off one of our guards (Galloway) for a similar value player at the C slot, that would be ideal. 

PG - Jackson / Ish

SG- Bullock / Kennard

SF - Robinson / Johnson 

PF - Griffin / Leuer

C- Drummond / Moreland 

Jackson's ability to stay healthy should be the most concerning part of this team. 

They didn't miss the playoffs because of their interior play, they missed it because Ish had to start a ton and replacement-level talent spelled him.

7 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Jackson's ability to stay healthy should be the most concerning part of this team. 

They didn't miss the playoffs because of their interior play, they missed it because Ish had to start a ton and replacement-level talent spelled him.

Yeah, I think it is assumed that Griffin/Jackson need to be healthy for this team to do anything. You can now add Robinson to that list. Worst case scenario is all 3 of them can't stay healthy and we have a bare bones team. 

Nice signing, especially for the price.

Now it's time for some trades.