kdog

Bosio Fired

Al Avila on Chris Bosio's response upon being informed of his dismissal today: "I can't tell you what his response was, but there was really not a whole lot of dialogue."

So, from wilson’s comment, that sounds an awful lot like bosio’s racist language was directed toward a player. “Team employee” in the statement might lead one to infer that it was office staff or something, but I doubt Bosio has much interaction with those folks. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

He called Saupold a stinking kiwi.

that might get you fired in Adeleide

34 minutes ago, drownwithyou said:

Good pitching coach or not, I'm glad the Tigers sided with the other employee and appears to have acted swiftly and not waiting for bad press to force their hand.  No need for racism in any workplace, even if it is a game.

I agree and It had to be pretty bad for them to act so quickly.

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

Can Bosio take Martinez with him?Now that's insensitive...!! 

It sounds like he might have used the n word, and if he did I would be the first to kick his *** out of town.

5 minutes ago, Antrat said:

Bosio in 2020!

12 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

It sounds like he might have used the n word

Source?

6 minutes ago, Antrat said:

Bosio in 2020!

Kamala Harris would wipe him out for the nomination.

2 minutes ago, BoomGaspar said:

Source?

Just spitballing after it was said to be a racist remark.

13 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

Just spitballing after it was said to be a racist remark.

Spic?

I assume they wouldn't fire Bosio without some corroboration of what he said.  So it must have been overheard.  If more than one person knows what he said, it will get out eventually.

I don’t really want to know what was said. I feel bad for whoever had to listen to that. 

24 minutes ago, apabruce said:

I assume they wouldn't fire Bosio without some corroboration of what he said.  So it must have been overheard.  If more than one person knows what he said, it will get out eventually.

Given it's a half billion dollar business I would guess there are cameras nearly everywhere

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

So, from wilson’s comment, that sounds an awful lot like bosio’s racist language was directed toward a player. “Team employee” in the statement might lead one to infer that it was office staff or something, but I doubt Bosio has much interaction with those folks. 

I didnt take that from wilsons comment.

I'm gonna guess it was a higher up that bosio not only used an bad word but made refrence to him getting the job because of skin color. Which not only shames the person but also the hiring manager, i.e. avila

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

It could have been said to Avila himself and he is just saying Tigers employee.

Another thought that crossed my mind, but why have general counsel investigate just fire the guy.

If you bring in the lawyer it's probably to protect yourself in future lawsuits. Since avila didnt hear it we needed them lawyers to get invovled

57 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Spic?

and span is what the Tigers shall be after they rid themselves of those pesky Greeks.  Ooops. 

2 hours ago, BoomGaspar said:

Even though it's not directly performance related, this must make Bosio among the shortest-tenured coaches in team history, if not the shortest overall.  Any other candidates?

Les Moss

15 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Another thought that crossed my mind, but why have general counsel investigate just fire the guy.

If you bring in the lawyer it's probably to protect yourself in future lawsuits. Since avila didnt hear it we needed them lawyers to get invovled

1-800-CALL SAM

• Haha 1

I'm sure there are good pitching coaches out there who don't say racist things at work. Hopefully we hire one of those