Keepleyland2

6/20 @12:35 Detroit Tigers vs Cincinnati Reds

9 minutes ago, socaltiger said:

Dan and Jim were saying before the 2 run homer Fullmer should stay with the fastball. That its clear nobody can hit that today but Fullmer threw the 2-2 slider for the HR AND one to Suarez next for the solo.

So is this on McCann ? The bench ? Fullmer ? or is Jim Price lucky or seeing the obvious and if so why aren't the players ?

I can't get too upset about solo HRs. That's 11 for the season which isn't particularly bad. It's day baseball in a small ballpark and two guys guessed right. 

I think in terms of pitching philosophy, the Tigers still don't seem as committed to the 4 seam fastball, and vertical break differential as say Houston. Fulmer is basically a sinker pitcher when the some of the most successful orgs are moving away from the sinker as primary fastball. In Houston for example, the thinking is that it's a good 4 seamer that makes the breaking ball harder to hit.

Just now, sabretooth said:

Wow!  What a sequence.   I love this team

I know. That sort of sequence has been missing from this team for a long time. 

For all my jacoby hate, if he had ever learned some strike zone judgment he'd be a really fun player. Baseball is a real game of inches between being bad and amazing 

I guess that idea this season it to every player every chance to make a breakthrough, but at this point I still don't see the point of given Machado starts. If there is any player on the team that is a know quantity, it's Dixon.

Barbato is fooling nobody.  Rockets all over the place

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I guess that idea this season it to every player every chance to make a breakthrough, but at this point I still don't see the point of given Machado starts. If there is any player on the team that is a know quantity, it's Dixon.

Yeah

It's been fun, and I hate losing, but I'm close to embracing a downward slide of losses...for the sake of the rebuild, I'm fine if the wheels finally fall off, sell, sell, sell!!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

That was an unfortunate series.

That is an understatement.

2 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

If Fulmer had run fast enough to pull a muscle he might’ve actually been safe on that bunt. 

Plumbers by nature are slow.

2 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

This game is too close for comfort. One misplay could change the entire complexion of the game almost instantly. 

My hunch was right, but it wasn’t an error, it was getting beat out right. Heck. 

8 hours ago, pyrotigers said:

What's Alfredo Simon up to these days? 

I don't know.  My guess is that he's perving it up somewhere.

7 hours ago, Dtrain72 said:

Thanks, and I get paid to do this stuff all day at work as a graphic designer...haaa...or should I say "production artist".

Yes, that was well done.  Spend more time on your artwork here and less time at your paid occupation.

18 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

That was an unfortunate series.

Those poor Baudelaire twins. Everyone, at some point in their lives, wakes up in the middle of the night with the feeling that they are all alone in the world, and that nobody loves them now and that nobody will ever love them, and that they will never have a decent night's sleep again and will spend their lives wandering blearily around a loveless landscape, hoping desperately that their circumstances will improve, but suspecting, in their heart of hearts, that they will remain unloved forever. The best thing to do in these circumstances is to wake somebody else up, so that they can feel this way, too.

— Lemony Snicket

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LooseGoose said:

I've tried to warn people that Gardy reads this forum....

Tigers' Gardenhire chafed by long-distance second-guessing

the only thing I will say in contravention to Gardy's otherwise sound logic, is that recently a cruising, low pitch count Fulmer is still not much of a predictor of anything past the 5th. 

Bottom line, interleague play sucks.