IdahoBert

MLB.tv issues

So, after not renewing my MLB.tv premium subscription this spring I went for the one day only Father’s Day $50 special that’s good for the rest of the season. On PlayStation there used to be an audio overlay option where I could listen to Dan and Jim and watch the action on TV. I can’t do that anymore and it doesn’t exist on my TV ‘s app either. 

I saw on a Reddit discussion thread —  I know I know but that’s where it came up — that this is now a thing of the past. 

The only reason I really got it was so I could listen to Dan and Jim and see the game at the same time and also because it was cheap. 

I read somewhere here that someone mentioned that thus feature had been re-established but I don’t see it.  Is there anyway around this or am I just totally screwed?  I think I’m screwed. 

I got the radio overlay today on my PC at mlb.com. I actually think it is better than before because it seems to me that previously only the home radio broadcasts could be overlaid.

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

I got the radio overlay today on my PC at mlb.com. I actually think it is better than before because it seems to me that previously only the home radio broadcasts could be overlaid.

So, on a PC but not necessarily off the app on my TV, or the PS4? I guess I could route the signal from my PC through a firestick or chromecast into the TV.  I’m not sure if the signal would suffer or not.  Anyway thanks for the info. 

IDK Bert, but there is something going on in general with the gameday audio piece of MLB media this season. I always buy the gameday audio - which is the piece you  are looking for, but this season, anytime I click a gameday audio link on a PC, it takes me to the game's TV site and tells me I'm not subscribed. Well dUH. 

I end having to try the link multiple times or sometimes take a different route (for instance from the Tigers' home page instead of from gameday,)  and eventually the audio will come up.

19 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

IDK Bert, but there is something going on in general with the gameday audio piece of MLB media this season. I always buy the gameday audio - which is the piece you  are looking for, but this season, anytime I click a gameday audio link on a PC, it takes me to the game's TV site and tells me I'm not subscribed. Well dUH. 

I end having to try the link multiple times or sometimes take a different route (for instance from the Tigers' home page instead of from gameday,)  and eventually the audio will come up.

The only way at mlb.com I'm getting the audio is by hitting Scores on the dark blue tab across the top of the page, choosing the Tigers game and clicking on the headphone icon. If I try to do it from the Scores column that runs down the left-hand side of the homepage, I get the message "No Content Available For That Game". I have no problem on the MLB app for my Samsung Galaxy.

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

So, on a PC but not necessarily off the app on my TV, or the PS4? I guess I could route the signal from my PC through a firestick or chromecast into the TV.  I’m not sure if the signal would suffer or not.  Anyway thanks for the info. 

I've never had a problem using Chromecast to get games on my TV.

1 minute ago, holygoat said:

I've never had a problem using Chromecast to get games on my TV.

I’m sure it’ll work. I’ve done it too when I’ve been at other peoples homes. I’m just hoping that I can regain the functionality of having the audio overlay of listening to Dan and Jim  but with the FSD video feed. 

If you get the stream going how you like it, cast your tab instead of mlb, then maximize the video player on the computer, and you'll have it full screen on your TV. But only try that if it won't let you cast the mlb w/ overlay directly.

6 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

So, after not renewing my MLB.tv premium subscription this spring I went for the one day only Father’s Day $50 special that’s good for the rest of the season. On PlayStation there used to be an audio overlay option where I could listen to Dan and Jim and watch the action on TV. I can’t do that anymore and it doesn’t exist on my TV ‘s app either. 

I saw on a Reddit discussion thread —  I know I know but that’s where it came up — that this is now a thing of the past. 

The only reason I really got it was so I could listen to Dan and Jim and see the game at the same time and also because it was cheap. 

I read somewhere here that someone mentioned that thus feature had been re-established but I don’t see it.  Is there anyway around this or am I just totally screwed?  I think I’m screwed. 

A PC has an overlay option under broadcasts.

After listening to Dan and Jim exclusively this year listening to Mario et al today was not pleasant. 

It still works on the MLB Roku app.  But, it doesn't explicitly say "radio audio" or anything.  I have to load the TV feed first, then go into the audio/captions menu and change the audio track from "English" through "natural sound" to "English Radio" which is a lot more convoluted than it used to be.

4 hours ago, lordstanley said:

The only way at mlb.com I'm getting the audio is by hitting Scores on the dark blue tab across the top of the page, choosing the Tigers game and clicking on the headphone icon. If I try to do it from the Scores column that runs down the left-hand side of the homepage, I get the message "No Content Available For That Game". I have no problem on the MLB app for my Samsung Galaxy. 

I've had that happen too when I try to open a game in a browser (usually when I'm trying to watch an archived game).  It nearly always can be resolved by hitting the refresh button.

• Like 1