Keepleyland2

6/17 @2:10 Detroit Tigers vs Chicago White Sox

The AL Central is so bad that I can't really argue with the Tigers being the 2nd best team in the division

1 hour ago, pyrotigers said:

The AL Central is so bad that I can't really argue with the Tigers being the 2nd best team in the division

No, wrong.  The Tigers are the Best team in the division.   Cleveland just hasn't cooperated yet!

6 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

There are not many people in that ballpark for Father’s Day, and not even  the added attraction of Stripper Day is enough to get people through the gates when your team sucks. 

Mostly Tiger fans. At least they knew they were at a baseball game.

16 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

There are not many people in that ballpark for Father’s Day, and not even  the added attraction of Stripper Day is enough to get people through the gates when your team sucks. 

They roped off an entire section at the Mud Hens' game for all of Deuce's known offspring and baby mommas (both current and potential).  It was heartwarming to see.

For what its worth, take Liriano's rehab start line with a grain of salt.  There was some awfully shoddy fielding behind him.  There was one hit that should have easily been called an error in the fateful second inning and another that was very borderline.

8 minutes ago, Casimir said:

For what its worth, take Liriano's rehab start line with a grain of salt.  There was some awfully shoddy fielding behind him.  There was one hit that should have easily been called an error in the fateful second inning and another that was very borderline.

Well, there were some really hard hit balls too, but yes the one error does not do justice to how poorly the defense played for Toledo. Here's my favorite:

"Chadwick Tromp singles on a pop-up to second baseman Dawel Lugo. J. Peterson scores."

It was exactly what it sounds like. A simple pop-up to 2nd base, Lugo ran back into short RF and the ball landed about 15 feet in front of him (maybe more).

6 minutes ago, Tigertown Rats said:

Well, there were some really hard hit balls too, but yes the one error does not do justice to how poorly the defense played for Toledo. Here's my favorite:

"Chadwick Tromp singles on a pop-up to second baseman Dawel Lugo. J. Peterson scores."

It was exactly what it sounds like. A simple pop-up to 2nd base, Lugo ran back into short RF and the ball landed about 15 feet in front of him (maybe more).

That one was very Elmnesque.  If only Lugo had done a 360 in his "tracking" of the pop up.

But the thing with Liriano is that he coming back off a leg issue and we know what kind of stuff he has - it is purely a matter of if he is healthy - he may or may not be but as long as he is, his slider will be there. It's not like Zimmermann where the chronic lingering injury affects his ability to throw good pitches.

30 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

But the thing with Liriano is that he coming back off a leg issue and we know what kind of stuff he has - it is purely a matter of if he is healthy - he may or may not be but as long as he is, his slider will be there. It's not like Zimmermann where the chronic lingering injury affects his ability to throw good pitches.

Yes, he threw 80+ pitches and 50+ were strikes.  I would think that has to be considered a positive.  He got stuck in a long inning, but it wasn't necessarily all his doing.  He gave up some hard hit balls, but I'd guess some of that is rust.

20 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Yes, he threw 80+ pitches and 50+ were strikes.  I would think that has to be considered a positive.  He got stuck in a long inning, but it wasn't necessarily all his doing.  He gave up some hard hit balls, but I'd guess some of that is rust.

Rust and a night in Toledo with the Deuce.

1 hour ago, LooseGoose said:

I guess I don't understand the reference to Deuce?  Is it supposed to be Adduci?  

Is this an attempt to be funny or is it based on reality?

1 hour ago, LooseGoose said:

Deuce had Oakleys and the old style flip downs yesterday.  He wasn't moving so smoothly.

11 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I guess I don't understand the reference to Deuce?  Is it supposed to be Adduci?  

Yes.   Yes, and MTS Alternate.

16 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Are you doubting the exploits of Adduci?  That's not smart.