Motor City Sonics

Miggy out for season

3 minutes ago, gmoney said:

The worst part is that he will take up a roster spot all those years.  Think about how everyone on here dislikes VMart being on the roster.  That is what Miggy will be...at least until his annual trip to the DL.

I don’t dislike vmart being on the roster. 

3 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I'll edit it so it says everyone but Shelton.

6 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I do.  He provides nothing tangible.  No offense, no defense, no base running.  Nothing.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I do.  He provides nothing tangible.  No offense, no defense, no base running.  Nothing.

But he does it from both sides of the plate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Replace him with the goose and you don't lose anything. At least people are buying goose merchandise. 

1 hour ago, RatkoVarda said:

Very best case they were going to finish in 2nd place with 78 wins. Worst case was 100 losses. Still don't think that will happen but a repeat of last year's nosedive is very likely.

FWIW I think they now hold onto Victor for his "leadership" as Miggy is out, which is sure to enrage lots of people.

Or ditch VMart now that Miggy's play won't be affected by being upset.

19 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

But he does it from both sides of the plate. 

I guess that counts for something, so I stand corrected.

12 minutes ago, bobrob2004 said:

Replace him with the goose and you don't lose anything. At least people are buying goose merchandise. 

Correction:  They would lose the left side of the plate and some speed.

18 minutes ago, bobrob2004 said:

The rally goose or loose goose?

Just now, tiger337 said:

The rally goose or loose goose?

The rally goose wins, but the loose goose is more fun to watch.

I mean, I love Duece of course, and if he took vmart’s spot I wouldn’t care. But at this point simply saving the money owed vmart as long as possible and paying him in 2 week increments and collecting whatever interest they may be getting is preferable to cutting him a lump sum check and releasing him. And it saves them paying another guy a major league salary in victor’s place. 

At the moment there is a guy who has earned a major league callup that is somehow blocked from the majors by victor, then by all means release victor if you need to. 

I don’t think we are at that point yet. 

10 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Correction:  They would lose the left side of the plate and some speed.

How do you know the Goose isn't a switch flapper?

BTW, did you know that when you make a badminton shuttlecock, you can only use feathers from the left wing of a goose?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I mean, I love Duece of course, and if he took vmart’s spot I wouldn’t care. But at this point simply saving the money owed vmart as long as possible and paying him in 2 week increments and collecting whatever interest they may be getting is preferable to cutting him a lump sum check and releasing him. And it saves them paying another guy a major league salary in victor’s place. 

At the moment there is a guy who has earned a major league callup that is somehow blocked from the majors by victor, then by all means release victor if you need to. 

I don’t think we are at that point yet. 

I've never though about that. Do they have to cut him a severance check - they can't just keep paying him his salary on schedule through the end of the season?

They should release Victor and stretch his contract over the next seven years 

Wait who let SVG GM the Tigers 

• Thanks 1

Well, VMart was signed to protect Cabrera in the lineup.    Now with Cabrera out, he has no useful purpose on this team.  He really can't protect anyone in the order.

11 hours ago, gmoney said:

His body isn't meant to last long.  He was never in good shape as a Tiger.  Some people are built like Cabrera...some people are built like Mike Trout.  One body can last longer than the other.  It's just the way he is built.

5 more years of this?  He is going to look worse than VMart in a few years.  I'm guessing he plays less than 200 games in what is left of his MLB career.  He had a great run for 6 or 7 years as a Tiger, won 4 batting titles, but it's tough to see how he comes back being the player he was for those years.

He never saw the DL until 2015. 

9 minutes ago, Yoda said:

He never saw the DL until 2015. 

technically true, but he's been compromised by injuries on the power side since 2014, so this is the 4th of 5 seasons with some kind of on and off issues for him.

Now is the time to legalize steroids.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Antrat said:

Now is the time to legalize steroids.

Do they get tested during rehab?  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I've never though about that. Do they have to cut him a severance check - they can't just keep paying him his salary on schedule through the end of the season?

Even so, how material is the difference?

57 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Even so, how material is the difference?

True, with interest rates low it's not going to be much. Upsets the monthly cash flow management though.

I ruptured my right bicep last year. Detatched the tendon stretching and doing heavy lifting and I now have what the doctors call “a Popeye bicep” because it slumps down a couple inches below where it should be. I’m 66.

They never suggested surgery and usually don’t. This orthopedist said the only time he’d ever re-attached one was for an extremely thin woman and the slumping bicep made her look hideous in sleeveless attire.

John Elway had a proximal biceps tendon rupture. He had been having shoulder pain for years (like me) and when the tendon finally snapped he felt much better (not like me). He never had surgery and won two Super Bowls after the injury.

How about that, Miggy will have all the time he needs to get around and visit ALL the kids on Father’s Day. The timing couldn’t have been better.