Keepleyland2

6/12 @7:10 p.m. Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers

Just now, Charles Liston said:

Gardy, Gardy, Gardy.  Why not 4 outs from Jimenez?

Mize is already looking like a bust - have to play for another #1 overall.

• Haha 1

What happens when you fall behind the hitter with no place to put him, Aussie.

Why not Alex Wilson?  Saupold is awful when inheriting runners.   This is like insanity, to continue to put these guys in the same situations and expect different results.

and unlike the Tigers, the Twins got a big hit with runners on base.  Tigers are already 0-7 with RISP, 9 LOB and 17 runners not advanced,  can;t say they did not get their chances tonight.

2 minutes ago, kj2018 said:

and unlike the Tigers, the Twins got a big hit with runners on base.  Tigers are already 0-7 with RISP, 9 LOB and 17 runners not advanced,  can;t say they did not get their chances tonight.

Tigers have a lineup that is mostly guys who don't walk, and don't hit HRs. They're probably not going to score runs consistently no matter how many chances they get

a Victor special, 0-2 with RISP, but when he bats with a runner on first, or nobody on, he can get a hit.

6 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

Tigers have a lineup that is mostly guys who don't walk, and don't hit HRs. They're probably not going to score runs consistently no matter how many chances they get

You are right, i think this lineup, especially if Miggy ends up hurt again, will end up either last or in the bottom 3 in the AL in runs scored.  They struggle with limited power, and they have a lot of guys hitting under ..200 with RISP.  Hard to score that way

6 minutes ago, kj2018 said:

a Victor special, 0-2 with RISP, but when he bats with a runner on first, or nobody on, he can get a hit.

That hit is #2086 of his career, moving him into a tie with Harmon Killebrew for 238th in MLB history.  That is also #966 of his Tigers career, moving him into a tie with Gee Walker for 33rd in team history.

#stats  #history  #nothingelsetodo

gotta love the 2 errors gift to allow 2 runs to score.

Just now, BoomGaspar said:

That hit is #2086 of his career, moving him into a tie with Harmon Killebrew for 238th in MLB history.  That is also #966 of his Tigers career, moving him into a tie with Gee Walker for 33rd in team history.

#stats  #history  #nothingelsetodo

He has had a really good career, both before his time with Detroit, and his time with Detroit.  He is a professional hitter, and has been a good contributor to the Tigers.  

Unfortunately, the last 1 1/2 years have been really tough for him

I am fortunately a hollowed out shell of what I used to be so this doesn’t bother me in the least.  I think I’m at the last stage of death, acceptance. I’m just glad to have a decent feeding tube and no bedsores

The fact that Rod thinks Sano being 1-6 vs Alex Wilson in his career meant bringing him in was the "analytics" move makes me want to turn the channel so bad

1 minute ago, pyrotigers said:

The fact that Rod thinks Sano being 1-6 vs Alex Wilson in his career meant bringing him in was the "analytics" move makes me want to turn the channel so bad

Did Mario chuckle?

1 minute ago, IdahoBert said:

Did Mario chuckle?

I think Mario threw up in his mouth a little bit

Is there some way we can gift Saupold to the Twins or Cleveland or any other team we play a lot that we have a tough time beating?  Wouldn't it be nice to see him inserted in a game to pitch against us once in awhile?

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I have a feeling we won't see Miggy play again until after the All-Star Break or even August.     And from here on out, I'd be shocked if he plays more than 100 games a season.      7 more years.   At least 30 million per year.    Ugh...................

Yeah, no one in his right mind would have thrown that kind of years and cash and Miggy, but it was Mike Ilitch’s team, so he got to do what he wanted. If I’m Chris Ilitch, I’m grinding my teeth in my sleep over the contracts Daddy threw round.

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Rod talking about the 'veteran' Iglesias mentoring Machado. Iggy is 28, Dixon is 26,

Iglesias mentoring