Keepleyland2

6/12 @7:10 p.m. Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers

Rod talking about the 'veteran' Iglesias mentoring Machado. Iggy is 28, Dixon is 26,

• Like 1

Lead off double, with zilch to show...that's classic modern Tigers right there.

I like the game thread.  I’m able to come back home and at least get an idea of what’s going on before I check the score and spoil it for myself so at least there’s a little bit of suspense. 

Jones needs to go over to the Twins dugout after the game and ask LaMarre for a lesson.

(on the bunt, not getting picked off!)

3 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I wonder why Miggy is breaking down so young. 

Could just be his genes, but I think more probably I'd go with my uneducated guess which would be because he's spent 20 yrs training to be strong and maybe one  year (since the back) training to be fit.

2 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I wonder why Miggy is breaking down so young. 

Never been the fittest and liked to tipple.   Those two may be closely related.  

I don't want to derail the discussion tonight, but this is the first season in probably 10 years I've been able to watch games regularly thanks to a new job & different schedule, & I've noticed something I didn't remember being the case before. 

Several times an inning, usually after Rod or Craig Monroe says something, Mario chimes in & I swear it sounds like he's about to crack up. At first I thought it was only after Rod tried to be funny .. but now I hear it all the time.

Anyone else hear this?

Rod thought Victor might get an intentional walk. Who can we get to sit down with Rod and tutor him on baseball. Don't get me wrong. I love Rod. But he's got some blind spots...

2 minutes ago, djhutch said:

I don't want to derail the discussion tonight, but this is the first season in probably 10 years I've been able to watch games regularly thanks to a new job & different schedule, & I've noticed something I didn't remember being the case before. 

Several times an inning, usually after Rod or Craig Monroe says something, Mario chimes in & I swear it sounds like he's about to crack up. At first I thought it was only after Rod tried to be funny .. but now I hear it all the time.

Anyone else hear this?

Is it an ironic laugh? Or a forced laugh?

Jim Price seems more bold about ironic comments. I wonder if Dan has to restrain himself from laughing and encouraging him. Dan just now commented that it’d been a long time since the non-walking Tigers had walked 5 times. Jim responded, “Well, it’s not like they wanted to.” I split a gut. 

Here's Coleman to do the 7th.  It's a winnable game so the plan will be Coleman - Jimenez - Greene unless one them stinks it up, and then it will be Farmer - Saupold.

Coleman came back with some great pitches against Kepler - of course he needed them as he got himself into trouble.

Coleman rewards our faith by going single, walk, and 3-0 count before coming back for the K.  One out.

It’s a shame this team has two guys making $48 million and not coming even half way close to earning it. 

30 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Never been the fittest and liked to tipple.   Those two may be closely related.  

Poor fitness bites any athlete in their 30s.  

26 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Is it an ironic laugh? Or a forced laugh?

It sounds like a "Why do I have to keep talking to Craig Monroe" laugh.

• Like 2

Warrick Saupold is the human inherited runners scored machine.  That is brutal.

And the Tigers should have about 5 or 6 runs tonight.  Good old RISP for most of the lineup, especially Victor.