Jump to content

Keepleyland2

6/12 @7:10 p.m. Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers

Recommended Posts


Zim tonight for West Mich: 5.3 Innings, 1 run, 7 hits, 6 K's and an error on a pickoff attempt.  6 singles and a double. 89 pitches. Not great for low A. 

He needs to rehab at a lower level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's pretty cool, Reagan and Ernie.  That's a White House invitation that you would accept.

I haven't heard the name "Mayo Smith Society" in years.  Does it still exist?  Too lazy to Google it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

Zim tonight for West Mich: 5.3 Innings, 1 run, 7 hits, 6 K's and an error on a pickoff attempt.  6 singles and a double. 89 pitches. Not great for low A. 

He needs to rehab at a lower level.

5.3 innings is impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kdog said:

5.3 innings is impressive.

Its better than you think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, kdog said:

5.3 innings is impressive.

That’s more innings than I’ve ever pitched at A. Wow. He must be really good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Gods Of War"
 

Feelin' like it's all over, feelin' like there's no love 
Feelin' like it's not easy, breathin' life in the dust 
On a countdown to zero take a ride on the nightmare machine 

There ain't gonna be heroes 
There ain't gonna be anything 
Oh 
Here it comes, here comes the night 
Here it comes, **** in the night 
Here it comes, here comes the night 

When we all fall down 
When we walk into silence 
When we shadow the sun 
When we surrender to violence 
Oh 
Then the damage is done 
Put away that gun! 

I don't wanna be there 
I don't wanna be anywhere 
Oh! 

[Repeat Bridge]

That's right! 
We're fightin' for the gods of war but what the **** we fightin' for? 
We're fightin' with the gods of war but I'm a rebel 

[guitar solo] 

And I ain't gonna fight no more no way! 
On a countdown to zero 
Take a ride on the nightmare machine 
There ain't gonna be heroes 
(Whoa) 
There ain't gonna be anything 
No! 

[Repeat Bridge]

Don't ya know that's right! 

[Repeat Chorus]

And (a) I ain't gonna fight no more 

(Stop) 
Stop fightin' for the gods of war 
(Stop fightin' for the gods of war) 
Yeah what the **** we fightin' for? 
(What in the **** we fightin' for?) 
We're fightin' with the gods of war 
Heavy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to know if the whitecaps are more fun to watch than last year’s team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shelton said:

I just want to know if the whitecaps are more fun to watch than last year’s team. 

If they’re playing loose, good bet they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shelton said:

I just want to know if the whitecaps are more fun to watch than last year’s team. 

I'm so impressed that you're not one of the rubes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

That's pretty cool, Reagan and Ernie.  That's a White House invitation that you would accept.

I haven't heard the name "Mayo Smith Society" in years.  Does it still exist?  Too lazy to Google it.

Funny you say that because last week I was talking with the guy who sits behind me at games and he mentioned being a member.  He got some tickets for Jack's retirement ceremony out of it.  I didn't know it was still a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

Zim tonight for West Mich: 5.3 Innings, 1 run, 7 hits, 6 K's and an error on a pickoff attempt.  6 singles and a double. 89 pitches. Not great for low A. 

He needs to rehab at a lower level.

I was at the game last night.. zimms curveball and slider were effective.   

His fastball was shaky for the 1st 2 or 3 innings but he got outs on the fast ball in his last couple of innings. 

He got hit hard on some ground balls and short line drives and a blooper to center in the 1st couple of innings but not after that.

I was happy enough with the results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zac Reinenger was demoted after Sunday's game so someone is getting called up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sabretooth said:

I was at the game last night.. zimms curveball and slider were effective.   

His fastball was shaky for the 1st 2 or 3 innings but he got outs on the fast ball in his last couple of innings. 

He got hit hard on some ground balls and short line drives and a blooper to center in the 1st couple of innings but not after that.

I was happy enough with the results.

So, you are saying he could probably succeed in A ball?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shelton said:

I just want to know if the whitecaps are more fun to watch than last year’s team. 

yes, because they are hungry.  They don't have a bunch of guys with huge signing bonuses leaving runners on third base with less than two outs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kdog said:

Zac Reinenger was demoted after Sunday's game so someone is getting called up.

GG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

yes, because they are hungry.  They don't have a bunch of guys with huge signing bonuses leaving runners on third base with less than two outs.  

They are hungry because they had to share the peanut butter knife.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

They are hungry because they had to share the peanut butter knife.

They are hungry because someone lost the peanut butter knife. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

So, you are saying he could probably succeed in A ball?

Low A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RatkoVarda said:

GG

Yep...McCann is still under the weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tigers trying to squeeze more money out of this goose thing

bc4fc30b-5c48-4200-bf6b-1eb98dfe632d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      96,083
    • Total Posts
      2,815,435
  • Who's Online (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×