Deleterious

Pistons hire Casey

Just now, Casimir said:

So, did he receive a contract, or was he sentenced for a crime?

yes

31 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

The article does go on to say some good things about him.  But the bad is bad.

Why the Toronto Raptors decided to fire Dwane Casey and what’s next

The DeRozan criticism is silly to me. He helped develop DeRozan into one of the best SGs in the league, and we saw DeRozan make improvements to his game later into his career. Similarly, the fact that Lowry had a big leap in productivity mid-way into his career is something you have to credit Casey with.

People are generally pretty high on Ujiri. The fact that he stuck with Casey for 7 seasons tells you he was doing things right. 

The major concern I do have with him is in-game adjustments. 

I have no way to know if it is true or not.  But if Casey wasn't holding DeRozan accountable for his poor defense, the criticism was spot on.

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

The Raptors just announced they are hiring Nurse as their HC.

Interested to see how he does. Might be a bad time to take over the roster if the front office tries to blow things up. 

On 6/12/2018 at 11:23 AM, Deleterious said:

I have no way to know if it is true or not.  But if Casey wasn't holding DeRozan accountable for his poor defense, the criticism was spot on.

Yeah - who knows. Maybe Casey tried, failed and told the FO to move him because he was bum who woudn't play defense and they wouldn't.

If you are going to start failing coaches for not getting star athletes in any sport to play better defense, the line is gonna get pretty long....

Happy with Casey being brought in. Thrilled SVG is gone. Players got fed up with the negativity in my opinion. Just wasn't working.

10 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Happy with Casey being brought in. Thrilled SVG is gone. Players got fed up with the negativity in my opinion. Just wasn't working.

SVG is a Doug Collins-like coach in that his style has a short shelf life with an existing player base.  Having SVG also be president and in charge of player personnel probably didn't help the player/coach relationship much either.