John_Brian_K

Game of Thrones Season 8

Image result for game of thrones season 8

Still a long way away.  From what I am reading an April 2019 release which is 20 months since the last episode of season 7 aired.  Still almost a year from now, but it will be the final chapter of a series we all love.  I do not think I need to say keep spoilers away or hidden, but I will anyway.  You can find a ton of speculation online.

To recap season 7:

Vicerion was turned into a walker dragon and burned down a portion of the wall letting the walkers in.

Arya and Sansa sniffed out Baelishs tricks and Sansa had Arya cut his throat in Winterfell.

Cersei got revenge on the sand snakes by poisoning Tyene in front of Ellaria and falsely agreed to an Armistice forcing Jaime to ride north after she told him she was pregnant.

Tyrion has just been counseling Dany and she has been ignoring most of his council.  Apparently convinced Cersei to agree to the armistice...is he back in league with her?

Jon and Dany hooked up.

Sam healed Jorah and left the citadel to ride for Winterfel where he met up with Bran and they discussed Jons parentage as a Targ.

Theon is leading a party to rescue Yara.

Is there even an iron throne left at the end of the season?  If so who is sitting on it?  Who dies?  I would assume most everyone.  Are there any weird twists in store?  Is the end going to be pretty straight forward?  Plenty of time to think about it.

And apparently they have 5 scripts for the companion series they are planning, but are only prepared to make one series that will be a prequel with none of the same characters or actors in it.  May be in Westeros, maybe not.  Excited about that as well.

I'm a little disappointed Jaime fell for the whole pregnancy ruse. Why would he trust her even for a minute? 

Viserion served his purpose to melt the wall, but he is useless going forward.  Any spear tipped with dragon glass will instantly kill him  now that he has been turned.  

2 hours ago, Yoda said:

I'm a little disappointed Jaime fell for the whole pregnancy ruse. Why would he trust her even for a minute? 

Cersei told Jaime not to ride north.  The last we see of Jaime he is riding North.  Either he didn't buy it or he is sick and tired of her crap and is going north to help anyway.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Viserion served his purpose to melt the wall, but he is useless going forward.  Any spear tipped with dragon glass will instantly kill him  now that he has been turned.  

It is the matter of hitting him with that spear.  Not as easy as just chugging it at him.  Keep him flying high fighting the other dragons and he serves his purpose.  Level the playing field.

41 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

It is the matter of hitting him with that spear.  Not as easy as just chugging it at him.  Keep him flying high fighting the other dragons and he serves his purpose.  Level the playing field.

Drogon was hit with multiple spears in the battle between High Garden and Kings Landing.

8 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Drogon was hit with multiple spears in the battle between High Garden and Kings Landing.

While grounded. 

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

While grounded. 

What grounded him?  A bolt shot the x-bow type thing.  If that had been tipped in dragon glass he would be dead.

If the archers that shot at him before that had arrows tipped in dragon glass, he would be dead.  

On 6/8/2018 at 10:47 PM, Deleterious said:

What grounded him?  A bolt shot the x-bow type thing.  If that had been tipped in dragon glass he would be dead.

If the archers that shot at him before that had arrows tipped in dragon glass, he would be dead.  

I was thinking of the battle with the Harpies, where Drogon landed to pick up Dany and took a bunch of spears. 

On 6/8/2018 at 3:41 PM, Deleterious said:

He was grazed by the scorpion that Bronn used.  Guess if that was tipped with dragon glass he would be toast as a walker dragon.  I am not sure what mythos they are using for dragons, but in the battle with the harpies he was penetrated by 2-3 spears, but in the battle of the golden road he was MUCH bigger and do not recall seeing spears sticking out of him.  Dragon scales are considered very strong and spears and arrows and such do not really do any damage to him, I think that his scales get stronger as he grows because they get thicker.  Which contrasts the 2 battles.  Drogon was getting big when he fought the Harpies, but he was MUCH smaller then he was at the battle of the golden road.

A good shot with one of those scorpions tipped with dragon glass probably would do it though, but as far as I know only the Lannisters have those in Kings Landing.  Kings Landing is a LONG way away from the wall.  Plenty of damage to be done between the wall and Kings Landing...and even when they get to Kings Landing, it is not an easy shot to hit something flying around with a weapon that weighs a ton.  They have to wait until he gets into range and in the path.  The Night King could always armor him up on the march down also.

It really shows how much they think of Bronn on the show because that scorpion is supposed to be manned by a group of people...he did it himself, got the shot off, hit him and got away.

Strangely, I have a hard time caring about anything involving this show right now. 

And we can probably ignore logic and reason and all that. Whatever needs plot armor will get plot armor. 

With 22 Emmy nominations today, GoT becomes the most nominated primetime series in the history of TV.  They have received 129 nominations.  

ER and Cheers were the two leaders at 124 and 117.  SNL is the all time leader at 252.

Probably close to getting a teaser or some news on this upcoming season. 

My guess is that it will premiere shortly after true detective season 3 finishes, and that show is going to premiere in January. 

Also, GRRM may have revealed the title of the prequel series that just cast Naomi Watts. He refers to it as The Long Night when he commented about her casting. He also said that there are still other prequel series in the works, and he teased that people interested in those should pick up a copy of his book Fire and Blood that comes out in a few weeks. So it’s a safe bet that there could be a series about the old Targaryens coming at some point. 

Would HBO want two different game of thrones series going at the same time? Or could one of these series be more limited?

I also wonder whether they may be prepping a series for the Time Warner streaming service that is surely on its way. A game of thrones series exclusive to that service would likely draw quite a few people in. 

I have been refreshing the storylines of both the books and TV series by watching Alt Shift X youtube videos.

Really well done if people want a refresher on stuff and they mix in a lot of the back-story and possible connections to less prominent characters.

comicbookgirl19 also has a number of good GoT youtube videos, though those are mostly focused on the first few seasons.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I have been refreshing the storylines of both the books and TV series by watching Alt Shift X youtube videos.

Alt Shift X is top notch -- I've been watching his GoT videos for years.  He also produces some good Westworld content.

April 14. 3 months from today. 

Finally, some new footage. Looks like someone's vision? And not sure it'll be part of the show but it's something at least. 

Interestingly (to me, at least), there is some fan theory about the significance of the crypt in Winterfell to the end story, so perhaps the teaser's setting supports that.

3 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Interestingly (to me, at least), there is some fan theory about the significance of the crypt in Winterfell to the end story, so perhaps the teaser's setting supports that.

Circling back to the crypt would be ok with me, as it was featured in the very first episode. 

Thinking real hard about creating some sort of Game of Thrones death pool for the final season. And I have a pretty cool prize in mind. I would have to make the deadline fairly soon, maybe the end of Feb in case spoilers leak before the season begins. Having said that, I thought I heard something a month or so ago about a script already leaking? Does anyone know if such a thing exists? And would you guys be interested in something like this? 

5 hours ago, Yoda said:

Does anyone know if such a thing exists? And would you guys be interested in something like this? 

Haven't seen such a thing, but I'm actively avoiding trailers, etc.

And yes!

First prize is a tattoo of the ugly sand snake on your inner thigh, designed and applied by Yoda, of course.