kj2018

How will the Tigers do in their next 11?

Although 8 of the 11 are at home, they have some formidable teams on their schedule.

2 H vs NYY (DH)

3 A vs Boston

3 H vs Clev

3 H vs Minn

The Tigers have played really good ball at home, but have been very bad on the road.  Plus they are hurting at SP (and to an extent, their BP as well)

I will guess:  split with the Yankees, go 1-2 against the BoSox, go 1-2 against the Tribe, go 2-1 against the Twins, for a 5-6 stretch.  That would not be so bad for that stretch of games.  The only unfortunate thing is that once those games are over, the Tigers will have a lot of upcoming road games, where they don''t hit very well and are 9-18 so far this year

May the baseball geese smile upon the Tigers brightly.....

13 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

4-7

I may have to sponsor you into the Optimist Club.

4 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

I may have to sponsor you into the Optimist Club.

I assumed this thread was about how we expect them to do, not what we hope they do.  I hope they go 11-0.  

7 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I assumed this thread was about how we expect them to do, not what we hope they do.  I hope they go 11-0.  

You're right, I'm sorry I questioned your optimism.

22 hours ago, kj2018 said:

How will the Tigers do in their next 11?

3-8 .. at best.  Tigers are really not a very good a team that is finally playing some of the AL's best teams.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:16 PM, Shelton said:

Not .500. 

Yes that Yankees doubleheader had a Lions vs. Christians feel to it.  So was thinking 4-7, but not ruling out 2-9.  There could easily be sweeps by the Red Sox and Indians.  But was still thinking 4-7.

This doubleheader split really helps, it makes 4-7 or 5-6 look more attainable. 

On 6/3/2018 at 10:06 PM, kj2018 said:

Although 8 of the 11 are at home, they have some formidable teams on their schedule.

2 H vs NYY (DH)

3 A vs Boston

3 H vs Clev

3 H vs Minn

The Tigers have played really good ball at home, but have been very bad on the road.  Plus they are hurting at SP (and to an extent, their BP as well)

I will guess:  split with the Yankees, go 1-2 against the BoSox, go 1-2 against the Tribe, go 2-1 against the Twins, for a 5-6 stretch.  That would not be so bad for that stretch of games.  The only unfortunate thing is that once those games are over, the Tigers will have a lot of upcoming road games, where they don''t hit very well and are 9-18 so far this year

Bingo. 

On 6/3/2018 at 10:06 PM, kj2018 said:

2 H vs NYY (DH)

3 A vs Boston

3 H vs Clev

3 H vs Minn

On 6/4/2018 at 8:26 AM, LooseGoose said:

5-6 would be OK, 6-5 or better would be splendid.

On 6/4/2018 at 9:55 AM, John_Brian_K said:

5-6

B.  I.  N.  G.  O.

B.  I.  N.  G.  O.

B.  I.  N.  G.  O.

And Bingo was his name o.

5-6 it was. Although I saw it more as an 8-game stretch ending Sunday, in which the Tigers went 3-5.  

The last 3 games, at home against Minnesota, weren't ever perceived to be that formidable.

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

5-6 it was. Although I saw it more as an 8-game stretch ending Sunday, in which the Tigers went 3-5.  

The last 3 games, at home against Minnesota, weren't ever perceived to be that formidable.

We were 3-7 vs the Twins at home last year.

7 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

Bingo. 

Do i win a prize?  I forgot i actually posted that prediction, and hit it spot on.

I think i might have to start a road prediction thread now.  

It takes a lot of great analysis and foresight to predict a 5-6 record over 11 games for a team that isn’t good. 

Thats a 74 win pace. 

4-7 is a 59 win pace.