It will be interesting to watch players and fans troll this rule during the anthem.  This molehill that got politicized into a mountain is going to turn into Mount Everest. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

That is an awful lot of words to parse the word hate.

I'm not parsing the word hate.  I don't hate it.  I don't like it, but I don't hate it either.

Without trying to go too far down a non-sports debate path, I hate the word "hate." (See what I did there?  :) )  I find that people like to label others as "hating" something and therefore they assume those people are irrational and therefore I don't have to give their side of the argument any serious thought because they are just loonies.

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Ehhhh....whatever.

I don't think either sub-group gain enough to troll it long.

When did something ever have to be gained to have one specific individual on one side continue to troll?

12 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

I'm not parsing the word hate.  I don't hate it.  I don't like it, but I don't hate it either.

Without trying to go too far down a non-sports debate path, I hate the word "hate." (See what I did there?  :) )  I find that people like to label others as "hating" something and therefore they assume those people are irrational and therefore I don't have to give their side of the argument any serious thought because they are just loonies.

I think you can hate something based on perfectly rational reasoning. 

I also tend to use hate and dislike interchangeably in casual conversation. 

My point was, there are likely more NFL fans that are against the kneeling than there are those that support the kneeling.

3 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I think you can hate something based on perfectly rational reasoning. 

I also tend to use hate and dislike interchangeably in casual conversation. 

My point was, there are likely more NFL fans that are against the kneeling than there are those that support the kneeling.

I imagine it's the kind of question where the answer would swing from 90/10 to 10/90 depending on how you asked it. Put it terms of "do you think workers like yourselves and the player have the right to to let people know how you feel" you will probably get overwhelmed support for the players. Ask it as "do I want to be bothered by the players protest?" you will get an overwhelming "no".