Deleterious

2018 Michigan Football

On 2/5/2019 at 3:55 PM, Gehringer_2 said:

How much did it cost?

priceless

DE from CMU.  Grad transfer so he is eligible this season.

Central Michigan DE Mike Danna set to transfer to Michigan

The 6-foot-2, 257-pound Danna is a talented defensive end that was coveted by Pro Football Focus last season. According to PFF's 101 best players of 2018 list, Danna finished the year at No. 69 and received high praise, finishing with a 91.3 grade to end the year.

"Downright dominant in his 12 games of action this year, Danna recorded 55 total QB pressures and made 42 defensive stops this year, joining forces with just six other edge defenders as the only ones to record at least 55 pressures and at least 40 defensive stops in 2018," PFF wrote.

On top of that honor, PFF also named him a first-team All-America selection on defense. Including him with the likes of likely first-round selections Josh Allen, Quinnen Williams and Christian Wilkins.

Early lines are out for some games.

Michigan -6 against Wisconsin.

Michigan -5.5 against PSU.

Michigan -8.5 against Notre Dame.  This game is October 26th, which seems odd.

Michigan -11 against MSU.

Michigan -5.5 against OSU.  This opened at -6.5 so people have already started to hammer it a bit.

On 3/19/2019 at 1:45 PM, Deleterious said:

Early lines are out for some games.

Michigan -6 against Wisconsin.

Michigan -5.5 against PSU.

Michigan -8.5 against Notre Dame.  This game is October 26th, which seems odd.

Michigan -11 against MSU.

Michigan -5.5 against OSU.  This opened at -6.5 so people have already started to hammer it a bit.

pretty sure those lines were designed to get attention for that particular web site.

i would bet against michigan with those spreads in every single one of those games.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Buddha said:

pretty sure those lines were designed to get attention for that particular web site.

i would bet against michigan with those spreads in every single one of those games.

Maybe.  But it's a pretty well known site.  

And other than the OSU game dropping to Michigan -3, all the lines are still the same.  Usually a sign the line is legit.  Although, I could see people not wanting to tie up their money for the next 6-8 months.  

19 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Maybe.  But it's a pretty well known site.  

And other than the OSU game dropping to Michigan -3, all the lines are still the same.  Usually a sign the line is legit.  Although, I could see people not wanting to tie up their money for the next 6-8 months.  

a little early for college football betting.  but michigan -6 over ohio state is pretty rich considering the last...oh.....20 years of michigan ohio state games.

and it definitely got them attention.  i saw that retweeted a lot a few weeks ago.

Those are bad injuries for Michigan.  DPJ because he should be the best player on the team.  Dwumfor because he plays a position they are very weak at.  I wouldn't be surprised if they take a grad transfer DT.  ****, they have Ben Freaking Mason practicing at DT!

This was so poorly reported. Harbaugh did not mean to imply that either of these injuries would be “season-ending” as was reported. I’m surprised that people ran with that so easily. The season doesn’t start for five more months. 

It sucks that their recovery has been slower than hoped, and any lingering injury is a concern. 

But all Harbaugh said is that he doesn’t know. Somehow that became “Harbaugh thinks injuries to players could be season-ending!” 

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

This was so poorly reported. Harbaugh did not mean to imply that either of these injuries would be “season-ending” as was reported. I’m surprised that people ran with that so easily. The season doesn’t start for five more months. 

It sucks that their recovery has been slower than hoped, and any lingering injury is a concern. 

But all Harbaugh said is that he doesn’t know. Somehow that became “Harbaugh thinks injuries to players could be season-ending!” 

I agree with you - the story was much different than what was being sprayed on social media.  I'd be surprised if both weren't ready in August.   I really don't follow UM's roster closely - other than at least temporarily cutting Evans how did they get so thin at RB?    The injuries explain part of it but it seems like even many of the injured guys are/were walk ons.

ANN ARBOR -- Michigan’s situation at running back was less than ideal at the start of spring practice, and things haven’t gotten any better.

The Wolverines are currently practicing with just one returning scholarship player, Tru Wilson, who remains at the top of the depth chart as of early April.

Injuries continue to ravage Michigan’s RB room

3 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

I agree with you - the story was much different than what was being sprayed on social media.  I'd be surprised if both weren't ready in August.   I really don't follow UM's roster closely - other than at least temporarily cutting Evans how did they get so thin at RB?    The injuries explain part of it but it seems like even many of the injured guys are/were walk ons.

ANN ARBOR -- Michigan’s situation at running back was less than ideal at the start of spring practice, and things haven’t gotten any better.

The Wolverines are currently practicing with just one returning scholarship player, Tru Wilson, who remains at the top of the depth chart as of early April.

Injuries continue to ravage Michigan’s RB room

Shockingly, another poor article. 

To answer your question, they got “thin” because higdon is gone now and Evans did a bad thing. 

Turner and Charbonnet are hurt. 

All of the above has resulted in an ugly spring depth chart. 

6 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Shockingly, another poor article. 

To answer your question, they got “thin” because higdon is gone now and Evans did a bad thing. 

Turner and Charbonnet are hurt. 

All of the above has resulted in an ugly spring depth chart. 

I guess I assumed that most college teams always had 5-6 scholarship RBs on the roster.  So Higdon left early?   I didn't know what class he was in.

Serious question - do any state taxpayer dollars go to the UM football program?  With prices like these and the amount of endorsement money UM football gets, I sure hope not.

I think the prices are so high because the revenue form UM Football supports all of the other athletic programs.   

Stop with the noon games!

https://mgoblue.com/news/2019/5/30/six-game-times-announced-for-2019-michigan-football-season.aspx

Aug. 31 -- vs. Middle Tennessee State, 7:30 p.m. (BTN)
Sept. 7 -- vs. Army, noon (FOX)
Sept. 21 -- at Wisconsin, noon (FOX)
Oct. 5 -- vs. Iowa (Homecoming), noon (TV TBD)
Oct. 12 -- at Illinois, TBD (ABC/ESPN/ESPN2)
Oct. 26 -- vs. Notre Dame, TBD (ABC/ESPN/ESPN2)
Nov. 2 -- at Maryland, noon (TV TBD)
Nov. 30 -- vs. Ohio State, noon (FOX)

My son visited campus for a tour as a prospective applicant and the guide is a junior who is in the marching band.

It came up because he explained that he lives off campus near the stadium because on noon game days he must be on the field in uniform at 6 AM for rehearsal.

So, yeah, he hates noon kick-offs.