5 hours ago, Shelton said:

This twitter thread pretty much covers how I feel about all of this:

I think you'd be hard pressed to find any one here who disagrees with:

• OC/play calling has to change
  • Don Brown has to pay more attention to how opposing O's are beating him; 
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Shelton said:

This twitter thread pretty much covers how I feel about all of this:

meh.  yes on the big ten and ohio state thing, but no on the "bowl losses dont matter" thing.  and he leaves out notre dame.

what do the "bowl losses", ohio state, and notre dame losses have in common?  they were all against teams with arguably the same amount of talent or more talent than michigan. all the other games theyve won have been against teams with less talent except arguably penn state (and that was against penn state when it was heavily injured two years ago and with an injured qb this year....and james franklin is a bad head coach).

if michigan had beaten ohio state and advanced into the playoff i think you would have seen them get blasted by clemson or bama or georgia or whomever just like they got beat by ohio state.  

i dont think michigan has outperformed expectations since harbaugh's first season (when he had a different offensive staff).

as ive said before, this should be the year for them where they should be able to make a leap: osu, msu, and nd at home.  only penn state and nebraska on the road (nebraska is coming, soon.  maybe not next year but soon because frost is the real deal) and penn state will be breaking in a new qb.

there are rumors that big changes are coming to the offensive staff including - maybe - harbaugh giving up some play calling duties.  we shall see.

next year is key: no more urban.  big games at home.  senior qb.  multiple skill player receivers ripe to break out.  an intact oline.  i know the defense wont be as good but michigan should be able to dominate on offense.

dreaming of 12-0 or 11-1....anticipating 10-2.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

dreaming of 12-0 or 11-1....anticipating 10-2.

Winning the Big Ten championship should be the goal regardless of record.  If they can't do it next year then Harbaugh is clearly past his prime as a head coach.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:51 PM, Euphdude said:

Winning the Big Ten championship should be the goal regardless of record.  If they can't do it next year then Harbaugh is clearly past his prime as a head coach.

Why must people say such things...

11 minutes ago, Buddha said:

mattison leaves for ohio state.

So much for that love for Michigan he professed to have.

17 minutes ago, Buddha said:

mattison leaves for ohio state.

Strange outcome. But then again, I thought it was odd he stayed at M when Brown was hired in over him. 

mattison gone to osu and now washington gone to osu.

not a good look for michigan.  washington was their big recruiter.

7 minutes ago, Buddha said:

OSU pwn UM.  Sad but true.

washington was an osu guy.  dad was an alum, from ohio, coached with day.  got a new title and a big big raise.  not a surprise.

Michigan #14 in final AP rankings. OSU #3, Notre Dame #5, Penn State #17, Northwestern #21, Iowa #25.  All the Big 10 schools ranked the same as that in the final Coaches rankings except for Northwestern being #19 instead of #21.  4-loss Texas at #9.

3 hours ago, Buddha said:

facts seem cloudy. Ann Arbor News/MLIve reported earlier UM had not offered Mattison a new contract - ESPN reporting that they did. I wonder f there was tension between Brown and Mattison and/or Harbaugh after the DLine failed to show up the last three games.

I wonder if Najee Harris announcing a transfer from Alabama is tied to this in anyway.   If so, that would be huge for Michigan.

44 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I wonder if Najee Harris announcing a transfer from Alabama is tied to this in anyway.   If so, that would be huge for Michigan.

I don’t think he’s transferring. 

23 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I like it!

Me, too.  Gattis is a good get.  Let's hope Harbaugh lets him take the shackles off of the offense. 

MLive reports UM is hiring Anthony Campanile - a D side coach out out of BC. BCs D hasn't been much to talk about since Brown left but Campanile is supposed to be a hot shot recruiter. I guess the same is true of Gattis. Then again, how hard is it to recruit for Ala?

5 hours ago, Shelton said:

I don’t think he’s transferring. 

he put his name in the "transfer portal" for what its worth.

as to gattis, who knows?  he's never been an oc before and there's no indication that harbaugh will let him call plays or that michigan will change the way they operate.  cant really call this a good or a bad hire.

the last guy they snaked from saban that everyone crowed about didnt exactly set the world on fire.  let's wait before we call this a good or bad get.

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

MLive reports UM is hiring Anthony Campanile - a D side coach out out of BC. BCs D hasn't been much to talk about since Brown left but Campanile is supposed to be a hot shot recruiter. I guess the same is true of Gattis. Then again, how hard is it to recruit for Ala?

how hard is it to get middling 3* kids for bc? 

this is a don brown hire.  let's get someone with ohio ties? or texas ties?  or florida ties? or california ties?

northeast ties? oh.  sweet.  we can nab the under the radar backup tight end that no one saw coming.  huzzah.

11 minutes ago, Buddha said:

he put his name in the "transfer portal" for what its worth.

as to gattis, who knows?  he's never been an oc before and there's no indication that harbaugh will let him call plays or that michigan will change the way they operate.  cant really call this a good or a bad hire.

the last guy they snaked from saban that everyone crowed about didnt exactly set the world on fire.  let's wait before we call this a good or bad get.

I saw the fake twitter thing where he announced he was transferring, but I couldn’t find anything else suggesting he had actually done it. Maybe I just missed it. I will have to look again. 

35 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I saw the fake twitter thing where he announced he was transferring, but I couldn’t find anything else suggesting he had actually done it. Maybe I just missed it. I will have to look again. 

This this has to be fake.   I saw a tweet from another source that apparently reposted info from the a fake Bruce Feldman site.   That’s how internet rumors get started.

The other Harris and Jacobs are both gone so he’s the bellcow now.  Can’t imagine that he’d leave.  It’s not like he’s in any academic trouble.    

22 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

This this has to be fake.   I saw a tweet from another source that apparently reposted info from the a fake Bruce Feldman site.   That’s how internet rumors get started.

The other Harris and Jacobs are both gone so he’s the bellcow now.  Can’t imagine that he’d leave.  It’s not like he’s in any academic trouble.    

its alabama.  is it POSSIBLE to get in academic trouble?