Deleterious

2018 Michigan Football

2 minutes ago, hail2mich said:

Exposed is an understatement for these last three games. Just horrible against the pass 

He's supposed to be The Blue Baron of Blitz, but he put no pressure on Ohio State's quarterback, and we're not seeing much today.  And they're not stopping the run, either.  So you're right, "exposed" isn't a strong enough word.

This was definitely not worthy of a team that was in the playoff hunt. What a serious joke Harbaugh is. Of course he will be around for several more years.

2 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Ok, that just got funny.

I'm not laughing -- that's for Lions games.  But with this season ending with two consecutive huge embarrassments, for anyone who can laugh at it, I can't blame you if you do.

Just now, Kamakzie said:

This was definitely not worthy of a team that was in the playoff hunt. What a serious joke Harbaugh is. Of course he will be around for several more years.

Damn well better start the fix by adding an actual offensive coordinator who has coached in a major conference with success. Pep Hamilton needs to go coach division II where he belongs.

2 minutes ago, Kamakzie said:

Just imagine how bad Michigan would have looked against Alabama.  Frightening thought.

Just now, six-hopper said:

Just imagine how bad Michigan would have looked against Alabama.  Frightening thought.

We are witnessing what is likely to me UM’s ceiling. They are the best of the rest. 

5 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Damn well better start the fix by adding an actual offensive coordinator who has coached in a major conference with success. Pep Hamilton needs to go coach division II where he belongs.

Why would any Division II team want this kind of play-calling?

8 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

WTF? They punted?

Sure.  They're playing the field-position game.

And they just used that Pick Six to stop the clock.

You're not thinking like a big-time head coach.

11 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

I'm not laughing -- that's for Lions games.  But with this season ending with two consecutive huge embarrassments, for anyone who can laugh at it, I can't blame you if you do.

Yeah I didn't consider this a meaningless game and I wasn't laughing until that play. I wanted an 11-win season, a bowl win over an SEC team, and a top 5-7 final ranking. But that play was just ridiculous.

This was an embarrassing loss but it may end up being an important positive for UM’s 2019 season.   A win in this game and it would’ve been easy for him to stay the course without doing much different next year.    I don’t think that is possible anymore.  

They are going to have to rethink many things on both sides of the ball.  Patterson is just not a drop back QB.  They need to move the pocket and let him use his feet to keep defenses off track.   McCaffrey is the same way so I think they need to tailor the offense more to a take advantage of a mobile QB that can also throw. 

Meaningless bowl game is meaningless and Harbaugh agrees or he would be upset about players sitting. 

28 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

This was an embarrassing loss but it may end up being an important positive for UM’s 2019 season.   A win in this game and it would’ve been easy for him to stay the course without doing much different next year.    I don’t think that is possible anymore.  

They are going to have to rethink many things on both sides of the ball.  Patterson is just not a drop back QB.  They need to move the pocket and let him use his feet to keep defenses off track.   McCaffrey is the same way so I think they need to tailor the offense more to a take advantage of a mobile QB that can also throw. 

Sadly, anything is possible at Michigan.....although hopefully the rumblings are true on the offensive side of the ball, if nothing else. 

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

I'm not sure that Harbaugh and his coordinators -- if he keeps them -- are capable of rethinking and changing.  With the 49ers, it seemed that Harbaugh took advantage of Kaeppernick's strengths and stayed away from his weaknesses.  But he sure as L doesn't seem to have done that in Ann Arbor.  Wasting tons of downs with running plays that his offensive line and tailbacks can't pull off, and forcing his QBs into systems that they don't fit, have been hallmarks of his offensive MO.  And Don Brown seems incapable of adjusting when his favored schemes don't work or don't fit his personnel.

I am not optimistic.

44 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Meaningless bowl game is meaningless and Harbaugh agrees or he would be upset about players sitting. 

Meaningless - unless you get your *** completely kicked.    Losing 21-15 is meaningless,  41-15 is a disgrace and no excuses are fit for that.   Harbaugh is a fraud.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Euphdude said:

We are witnessing what is likely to me UM’s ceiling. They are the best of the rest. 

What?   The "best" of the rest?   

They aren't even that.   They're the middle of the rest.   

Harbust

Fraudbaugh

18 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Meaningless - unless you get your *** completely kicked.    Losing 21-15 is meaningless,  41-15 is a disgrace and no excuses are fit for that.   Harbaugh is a fraud.   

Losing by 26 is proof that it was meaningless.  When the game really matters, Harbaugh loses by only 23.

1 hour ago, six-hopper said:

I'm not sure that Harbaugh and his coordinators -- if he keeps them -- are capable of rethinking and changing.  With the 49ers, it seemed that Harbaugh took advantage of Kaeppernick's strengths and stayed away from his weaknesses.  But he sure as L doesn't seem to have done that in Ann Arbor.  Wasting tons of downs with running plays that his offensive line and tailbacks can't pull off, and forcing his QBs into systems that they don't fit, have been hallmarks of his offensive MO.  And Don Brown seems incapable of adjusting when his favored schemes don't work or don't fit his personnel.

I am not optimistic.

Not that different than the situation in East Lansing from the standpoint that some turn over on the staff is going to be the marker for whether  either of these coaches is able to get beyond their own ego.