Jump to content
Deleterious

2018 Michigan Football

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

When asked about the "kicked" ball right before the half on Indiana, the response Harbaugh got from the umpire was "he didn't mean to". Jim deadpanned..."doesn't seem like a judgement call to me". 

BS officiating today, top to bottom. Embarrassing for the Big 10. 

Indeed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FanDuel Michigan Sports Betting

FanDuel Michigan $100 Launch Offer

Michigan online sports betting is launching shortly ( December 2020 or January 2021). Pre-register at FanDuel Sportsbook and get $50 free sports bets + $50 free online casino bets with no deposit necessary. Claim $100 at FanDuel Michigan Now

11 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

 

Kiper Jr. has Gary listed as the #8 available player in the draft.  Either it's a weak draft or Gary is overrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best of luck to him. He will be much more replaceable than losing Mo Hurst was last year. Gary is a nice player, but definitely didn't meet those extremely high expectations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hail2mich said:

Best of luck to him. He will be much more replaceable than losing Mo Hurst was last year. Gary is a nice player, but definitely didn't meet those extremely high expectations. 

He's making a mistake. Not ready for the NFL. They can project him wherever they want. You think NFL teams think he's really the 8th best player, particularly after this past weekend? In fairness, he was likely still not quite at full speed against osu, but he didn't get any pressure whatsoever. n o n e. Think it will be easier in the show? No. Think NFL teams didn't notice that performance? Yes, they did.

Gary didn't live up to expectations. I would say that for their respective careers, winovich had far more impact. Gary was the number 1 ranked player in the country. Winovich was the 299th best player in the country. 

I think it will be interesting to see who plays in the bowl game. If I had to guess, I would say winovich definitely will, but Gary will sit it out. That would be unfortunate, but it is what it is. I respect chase an awful lot for what he did - both on and off the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, stanpapi said:

Gary didn't live up to expectations. I would say that for their respective careers, winovich had far more impact. Gary was the number 1 ranked player in the country. Winovich was the 299th best player in the country. 

Winovich appeared to have more drive and passion than Gary, and those attributes can offset a lack of physical talent to a degree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary is going to kill it at the combine and get picked really high, it's the right move for him even if I agree his career at Michigan was disappointing. 

A proven run stopper with his athletic ability won't drop far unless they flag his shoulder problems 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see the bowl game Michigan gets. Rose Bowl vs. Washington would be the best bowl/matchup in my opinion. I also would like to see them play LSU if that’s possible, for college football history sake and I think that’s also a good matchup for Michigan. I’m just hoping not UCF or UF. Playing UCF isn’t exciting and seems like a no win situation. And we’ve seen enough of the Florida matchup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t really care what bowl we go to. It’s hard to care coming off yet another loss to osu. 

I care more about trying to figure out what went wrong. I want to say it was a combination of snowballing bad luck plus a defensive scheme that was I’ll conceived to stop a team with osu’s offensive game plan. 

One theory that makes sense is that the aggressive man coverage scheme doesn’t work if you don’t have athletes that can match the skill positions, and that it is compounded when you can’t get pressure on the QB. It’s kind of obvious, I guess. But I wonder what brown would say he would do differently and if there is a solution that would have worked. Or if there was simply going to be no answer for that offense. 

The point total doesn’t bother me. OSU has a lot of possessions and multiple short fields caused by our offense. They still housed us, but this just goes back to the snowball effect. 

Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

somehow in the week after the Rutgers the supposedly 7 deep Dline suddenly got very pedestrian - in fact became the weakness of the team. They were absent against Indiana and then made no appearance against OSU. Injuries, guys starting to look forward to the combine - whatever - they were as non-existent as a group of players could be . And Brown just didn't/wouldn't adjust to play a more bend-don't break coverage based scheme - which is all you can do when your D-Line goes bye-bye.

I'm also suspicious something was going on with Patterson. Again both against Indiana and OSU, they refused to go down field at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Shelton said:

I don’t really care what bowl we go to. It’s hard to care coming off yet another loss to osu. 

I care more about trying to figure out what went wrong. I want to say it was a combination of snowballing bad luck plus a defensive scheme that was I’ll conceived to stop a team with osu’s offensive game plan. 

One theory that makes sense is that the aggressive man coverage scheme doesn’t work if you don’t have athletes that can match the skill positions, and that it is compounded when you can’t get pressure on the QB. It’s kind of obvious, I guess. But I wonder what brown would say he would do differently and if there is a solution that would have worked. Or if there was simply going to be no answer for that offense. 

The point total doesn’t bother me. OSU has a lot of possessions and multiple short fields caused by our offense. They still housed us, but this just goes back to the snowball effect. 

Oh well.

either get brandon watson off the field or play a zone defense.  seems rather obvious.

how many years has osu identified the one guy in michigan's secondary who cant cover and then hit that guy over and over and over?  i see you johnny sears.

this is why recruiting matters.  you have to have athletes everywhere to beat a team like osu when osu wants to play and is paying attention.  they only lose in the big ten when they dont care and they always care against michigan.

i also dont care about the bowl game but really dont want to see them play florida or central florida.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm interested to see how many seniors forgo the bowl. That was a trend that started that I think will pick up steam. Guys aren't interested in playing meaningless bowls when they could risk their future. I'd be really surprised if that kept winovich off the field, but I could see Gary sitting out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be shocked if Gary played.  He has had a disappointing season so maybe he wants to play cause he wants to show teams he's healthy but that is just too big of risk to me. 

I would just focus on getting healthy and building towards the predraft workouts if I were him which is what I'm sure is going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Oklahoma beating Texas and almost assuredly securing a playoff spot over Ohio State, Michigan's chance of playing in a neat Rose Bowl against Washington is all but gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

FanDuel Sportsbook Michigan - Sports Betting is launching in Michigan shortly (December 2020 or January 2021). If you register before it launches you will recieve $50 dollars at their online sportsbook and online casino!

Click Here to claim the FanDuel Michigan for $50 at Online Sportsbook & Casino Pre-registration Bonus Now

Motown Sports Blog



×
×
  • Create New...