Deleterious

2018 Michigan Football

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Why would a big time recruit want to go to Michigan right now?

Agreed.  Big time recruits are going to get more out of Alabama and Ohio State-like programs.  

Why wouldn't they want to?   Gary looks like he is going to be a top 10 pick, Bush is projected in the top 20, Peppers was a first rounder, seems like if you're an elite recruit Michigan helps your stock.     

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Why wouldn't they want to?   Gary looks like he is going to be a top 10 pick, Bush is projected in the top 20, Peppers was a first rounder, seems like if you're an elite recruit Michigan helps your stock.     

Those kids get get drafted no matter what school they attend.

I think big time recruits want to play in meaningful games.  Michigan doesn't provide that experience.  

If you're Hill and want to play in a NC game before you bounce to the NFL in three years, where do you go?  Michigan or Alabama?

think of it this way.  if you graduate and want to go to law school and you get into harvard and michigan, youre probably going to go to harvard because its the top law school.  michigan is a top 10 school and a great place, but its not "harvard law."

well, alabama football is harvard law right now.

On 12/9/2018 at 2:55 PM, Buddha said:

think of it this way.  if you graduate and want to go to law school and you get into harvard and michigan, youre probably going to go to harvard because its the top law school.  michigan is a top 10 school and a great place, but its not "harvard law."

How's Harvard's HVAC program though?

57 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

How's Harvard's HVAC program though?

Trails Dartmouth. So you know it sucks. 

36 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Trails Dartmouth. So you know it sucks. 

Yep, Darty HVAC alums basically runs that Northwest Tech faculty. 

On 12/9/2018 at 11:55 AM, Buddha said:

I chose Stanford Psych over Michigan LSA does that make me part of the problem?

On 12/9/2018 at 9:25 AM, Deleterious said:

Why would a big time recruit want to go to Michigan right now?

Playing time. It helps a player develop, the sooner they play the quicker they can get to the NFL as a high draft pick. 

This actually really sucks.

are we actually debating why elite players would want to go to Michigan?   

Talking college football recruiting might be the one thing worse than talking about hall of fame voting. 

the idea that michigan doesnt play meaningful football games is ridiculous.  the problem is that theyve been LOSING those meaningful games for a while now and that their main rival has been playing sec style and kicking their *** in recruiting for 20 years.

what would help?

NOT CONTINUING TO LEAVE BRANDON WATSON ON A DAMN ISLAND.

speaking of which, don brown interviewing for the hc job at temple.

3 hours ago, Buddha said:

the idea that michigan doesnt play meaningful football games is ridiculous.  the problem is that theyve been LOSING those meaningful games for a while now and that their main rival has been playing sec style and kicking their *** in recruiting for 20 years.

what would help?

NOT CONTINUING TO LEAVE BRANDON WATSON ON A DAMN ISLAND.

speaking of which, don brown interviewing for the hc job at temple.

I was completely unimpressed by Brown in the last two games. He is supposedly this wiz at half-time adjustments, but other than the generally better condition of the UM athletes than most of its lower class opposition giving the *offense* an advantage in the 2nd half, I'm not sure I saw it, and certainly not against Ind or OSU. Basically it seems everything he knows to do  is predicated on pass rush, and when it wasn't there, he had no other answers. Not to mention that the vaunted front seven depth was in reality clearly much less than it was claimed to be. 

Dax Hill recruitment is still fully in play per multiple outlets.   So, fix your panties you silly gooses. 

don brown made an amazing defenses at michigan.  and he was able to make many adjustments that resulted in big wins for michigan.  that said, most of those were against inferior competition.

when he ran up against osu and psu last year (and even notre dame this year) they got dusted. 

i think the problem is two fold.  on the one hand, their 3rd cbs arent good enough to hang with 5 star receivers in one on one battles.  and osu has ruthlessly exploited that for years.  on the other hand, PLAY A ******* ZONE IF YOU CANT HANDLE A CROSSING ROUTE.

i tell you what i dont want to hear anymore.  i dont want to hear stat demon analytical bull**** mgoblog fanboys talking about how past performance in a football game should dictate future performance.  michigan doesnt have the horses to play with osu.  it doesnt matter how osu plays against minnesota and indiana.  it doesnt matter how michigan plays against wisconsin or illinois.  osu will always play their hardest against michigan and until michigan has the athletes to play with them, they wont win.  now matter what their 2nd down percentage on the road against a 4-3 defense in november stats say.

/rant

5 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

Dax Hill recruitment is still fully in play per multiple outlets.   So, fix your panties you silly gooses. 

we'll see.

they need him, badly.  much moreso than bama.